CHAPTER 16: Confessions

Luke Williams' Point of View: 

Over the past two days Camilla and I got to know each other better. We talked about our likes and dislikes and let our thoughts wonder as we literally talked about any and everything. Throughout our conversations I couldn't help but notice that she avoided talking about her parents. 

I didn't want to push her. I really didn't but I found myself being even more curious than I was before and that scared the hell out of me. I wasn't used to being so interested in a woman that I wanted to know everything about her. Not only was this new to me but it also made me uneasy that she was keeping something away from me. I was an open book with her so far and I wanted her to be the same way with me. It was our last day here and as I watched her skim through the book she was reading my curiosity got the better of me.

"Camilla," I called out to her.

"Yeah," she murmured not even bothering to look at me. Her eyes were glued to the book she was reading.

"Can we talk for a sec" 

"Sure," she said as she very reluctantly closed the book to look up at me. 

She smiled at me her eyes lighting up as she looked at me. It warmed my heart to have her look at me that way. She was in fact the most beautiful woman I had ever seen and I am so happy to call her mine. I outstretched my hands to her and laughed as she all but ran into my arms. I snuggled her real close to me and kissed her gently on her forehead.

"What's wrong?" she whispered softly as she stared at the view in front of us.

I sighed I didn't want to give her the feeling that something was wrong but I guess my attitude made it seem that way.

"There's nothing Cami"

She giggled and turned around to face me, "so we're on a pet name basis now"

I used one hand to grab onto her waist as I used the other hand to tickle her. Her roar of laughter is all the encouragement I need to continue. I moved till I was hovering over her and used both hands to intensify my movement. I decided to stop when she was red in the face and begging me to stop. She looked gorgeous with her eyes bright with laughter. I leaned down to pepper kisses all over her face .

"We've been on that basis for a while now," she just smiled at me and ran a hand through my hair.

Her touch, it was soothing and it almost made me forget what I was trying to say to her. As a matter of fact I wasn't sure if I wanted to bring it up anymore. I just wanted her to know that she could trust me enough to tell me. As if sensing my troubling thoughts she patted me gently on the cheek. 

"Whatever it is you can always talk to me about it"

My eyes never left hers as I spoke, "I just want you to know that you don't have to hide anything from me, and if there is a reason you don't want to talk about your parents I understand"

She stiffened when I mentioned her parents. She moved to sit up and I got off her so that she could. She was tense as she took a deep breath. She looked up at me as tears brimmed her eyes and I immediately pulled her into my arms. I had no idea why she was upset but I'd be there for her in anyway could.

"It was a car accident," she whispered so low that I almost didn't hear her "that's what they said anyway, a hit and run"

"Did the persons arrest who did it?" I questioned her.

She pulled out of my embrace to nod her head yes, "they said it was my biological mother"

My mouth dropped open as she silently cried at what she just shared with me. Well damn! no wonder she avoided talking about it. My hands reached for her before my brain could catch up. I have no idea what she's feeling right now but I know that she has such a big heart that she probably blames herself for what happened to parents.

"It wasn't your fault," I rubbed a hand on her lower back soothingly. 

"I know," she whispered sadly "after 4 years of therapy I finally believed it wasn't my fault, but that doesn't change the fact that she did it because she couldn't have me"

She pulled away from me and wiped the tears from her cheeks.

"I'm sorry I asked," I muttered quietly. If I had known how bad it was I would have curbed my curiosity.

She leaned into me and sighed, "it's okay if we're going to be together we have to trust each other"

She kissed me softly on the lips before wrapping her arms around me, "what can I do to help?" I asked.

"Just hold me"

So I did. I wrapped my arms tightly around her and pulled her impossibly close to me. I loved having her in my arms, the way her body fit with mine, it just made me happy. After what happened with Alice I swore off love.

I wouldn't have even believed love existed if I didn't see it every time I saw my parents together. They were still so in love after years of marriage and I glad I was able to witness that.

Dad always said that I'd know when I found the one. I had thought Alice was it for me but I was wrong, she doesn't make me feel the way Camilla makes me feel. It's as if she lit a fire in me and it's burned ever since. I find myself thinking about her all the time and I want to spend all my free time with her.

Dad said it was love at first sight for him when he met mom and even though I know I'm not in love with her I'm dangerously close to it.

"I really like you Camilla"

My heart soared with you when she whispered, "I really like you too Luke"