Chapter 14: The Decision

Stella was nervous as she was standing in front of her mother right now. They were about to discuss her life matter and all that she was telling her through email. Her mother was looking at the cottage behind her and her man.

Please let me be with him. Please let me be with him, Stella prayed before her mother cleared her throat and regarded her. Her blue eyes, the ones that Stella inherited, were staring at her face.

"Do you love him?" her mother asked her in Italian, knowing that their eavesdroppers would not understand a thing. She was thankful for the language barrier for once.

"Well, you should know that I have slept—"

"I know. That's why I asked you, my child. Do you love him when you slept with him, giving your virtue to him?" her mother asked before Stella was biting her lower lips. She let Xavier do more than that. He claimed her as him and she will do the same if she was to be a werewolf after all. Then, she nodded. Her mother sighed.

"Well, your father would love to hear this. If he could be with us right now," her mother said before she was caressing Stella's blonde hair, the trait that she inherited from her father, who was always busy when she was little and had little time to spend with her. She smiled at her mother.

"I'm sure you guys can visit later. I am sure that Cyprus is a part of the EU so that would not be a problem at all," She said, trying to lighten up the situation. Then, her mother smiled.

"Oh, count on it. We will be pestering you every time we can and we will be expecting our grandchildren very soon," her mother said before Stella's face heated up.

"Mama!"

"Okay, okay. Maybe a couple of years but I will be waiting for them," her mother said before she was kissing Stella's cheeks to say goodbye.

"Tell Aunt and Uncle I said hi," she said as Mrs. Canali was going inside the car before the window was rolling down.

"You know they would go ballistic. Do not do anything harsh," her mother said before Stella was rolling her eyes at her. "And my dear," her mother added as Stella turned to look at her.

"Be kind and perhaps you might want to continue your study here in Cyprus. I heard they have a great university and might get a permanent job there as well as English Language lecturer," her mother said before she winked and the car was moving. Stella smiled before she sensed that her man was behind her. She smiled.

"Why don't you go home with your mother?" he asked as he was hugging her from behind. Stella glanced at him over her shoulder before she was watching at the retreating car.

"I am," she said before Xavier was looking at her, confused. "But I have someone to take them with me to meet my parents," she said before Xavier was smirking at her.

'You sneaky minx,' someone said before Stella was blinking her eyes. It sounded like Xavier before she was looking at him.

"Did you just say something?" she asked him before Xavier was blinking his eyes at her.

"What?"

"But I heard..." Stella said before Xavier's mother was calling after them for lunch. Her man smiled.

"Come on. I think you're hungry when you start to hallucinate about something," Xavier said before he pulled her toward the cottage and they went inside the house.

*****

They were standing in front of a huge building as Stella was talking to a stranger about their documents. Xavier never felt anything like this. He wanted to run. He wanted to hide but he was not going to leave Stella alone. Not at all in his life.

Beta's Bride (Shadow Pack II)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara