Chapter 10: The Confession

Stella was breathing heavily ever since she was at the festival right now. She did not know what was happening but something about the air in the festival was making her head dizzy.

Well, dizzy for Xavier.

She watched him from the peripheral view of her eyes before they were greeting someone that was coming their way. Stella did not know this man but apparently, Xavier did.

"Beta," the young man said and when Stella looked at him closely, it was the same young man when they have brunch at the café on the first day. He was there with Xavier in town to do some business.

"Zack, is there anything you want to say to me about our business during this hour?" Xavier came up beside her before she felt his hand on her waist. Was this the possessive move that Stella was hoping for Xavier to do to her?

If so, why would she feel so sad right now?

"Yes... it was your—"

"Do not tell me it's my sister again. I can assure you that my mother has taken care of her and she was not healthy enough to travel around. I hope I was clear enough for you?" Xavier said before Zack was clenching his jaws. But he nodded.

"Good. Now let us enjoy this festival. I am sure that you have someone to go and entertain, yes?" Xavier said to Zack before he sighed. Then, he went away but Stella heard his mumble along the way.

"Not that she would ever see me, so no," he said before Xavier was pulling her by the hand to look around the festival. She did not know what took over Xavier after that moment but she knew it was not a genuine reaction that she got from him.

Stella pulled her hand away before she turned to look at him. Xavier arched his eyebrow. "What is it?" she asked him before he furrowing his eyebrow.

"What is what—?"

"Do not mistake me for one dumb blonde woman. I am far more than that," Stella gritted her teeth as she was trying to control her anger toward him. Xavier was looking around but Stella did not miss the way that his jaws clenched.

It looked like he was trying to control himself right now. Good.

Stella waited and watched for him to make the first move of telling her what was wrong right now. Why Zack would come to him and try to tell him that his sister was... sick, she guessed, from the reactions that she read from him and Zack alone.

"Was she alright?" Stella broke the ice as she was speaking slowly before she reached out for Xavier. He did not flinch from her touch before he sighed. He has been burdened by this and Zack has made it worse.

"She is alright. I was more concerned of..." Xavier said before he locked eyes with her. The orbs were shining under the moonlight and Stella was breathing heavily right now. "Of us," he said quietly before she was gripping his arm. She did not know what she had to do in that situation but one thing was for sure.

She wanted him and she would happily give herself to him right now, tonight.

"Xavier—"

"Let's not talk about it in public. I have something to tell you," he said before he was scanning the area, then without speaking much, he pulled her into the alley that was abandoned by people when they were enjoying the Folk Festival.

Stella was looking at his head as Xavier was scanning the area like a predator. If there was an animal that Stella would associate him with, it would be a wolf.

A solitary wolf.

But Xavier would not be an Alpha, no, he was not suitable to be so for someone that would lose their tempers so easily. If anything, Xavier would be a Beta for he was rational and he was calm in handling any situation.