chapter 48: i'm always running to you

OMG! Only two chapters to go and the story will be over. I have mixed feelings about it, really, but I'm sooooo thrilled for you to read the last chapter. Although, this won't be the end of #Kailena, because you will sometimes see them in my other stories. The said stories are "Never say goodbye" (Danika and Ben) and "Trouble" (Mia and Connor). AAAAAAND I'm also thinking about posting Ian and Snow's story too, so there's going to be quite much of Kailena ^_^ Wohoooo!

Anyway, here is the last chapter on Kai's POV. Read on <3

Love, Melz

chapter 48: i'm always running to you

flashback | Kai's POV

My eyes fly open before I bolt upright, heaving as if I've woken up from the dead. I probably have.

I try to even my breaths, head in my hands, and my heart beating rapidly under my chest.

"In and out, in and out," I imagine Sel's soft voice in my head, so I comply.

It's another night with the same nightmare I've been having for a while now.

The thing about my nightmares is that they feel too real. Sometimes it feels like they're my life -  the real one.  I can see, feel and touch things that can't just exist in my head. Today I could even feel the smell of rotten bodies.

I was back at our house in England, watching Mom and Lan walk to me, their rotten bodies moving like possessed. They were shooting themselves in the head over and over again and asking me to save them. I didn't... I was paralyzed.

It's when they reached me that I could gain some willpower to stand up and run out of that damn house.

And then I ran to her.

I always run to her.

Once my breathing is somewhat normal, I raise my head and look around a little nauseous and disoriented.

Where the fuck am I?

Furrowing my brows, I try to collect my thoughts to figure my surroundings out, and then it hits me.

"Shit, right," I swear under my breath as realization dawns on me.

Police station.

After months of "painting celibacy," I gave in tonight and decided to do a mural. Turns out the local police weren't happy about it.

Maybe it's because I was using a bridge as a canvas, I can't tell for sure, but they were obviously scowling at me during the whole ride to the station like THAT would make me take them more seriously.

But shit, I can't believe I was so into it, I didn't notice the two policemen right behind me. I can't believe I even PUNCHED one in the face the second I snapped out of my trance.

Midnight MemoriesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara