Chapter Twenty-Four *Edited*

I told you what hurts me the most 

and you did it perfectly. ~Mohit

Chapter 24.

Third pov.

Sophia stares as her father paces back and forth in the narrow space behind his office. She's desperate to break the ice and come clean to her father, but she's afraid he's too furious to listen to a single word that will come out of her mouth, and she's not wrong. Her father is babbling words of anger, using every curse word in the Engish Vocabulary, even inventing some while at it.

"Dad, can you sit down and let me explain?" Sophia pleads, her voice gentle and soft, careful not to provoke him further.

He spares her no glance at her and continues his angry stride.

"Sophia is right, honey." Her mum backs her up as she enters the office and rounds the corner of the office, standing in front of her mate and preventing him from continuing his pacing.

"Stay out of it!" He hisses back at her, coming threateningly close to her face and baring his teeth. "This is between me and our daughter."

"Don't talk to my mother like that!" Sophia abruptly stands up, knocking the chair backward. She made a mistake going behind his back like that, but she won't let her mother take the heat from something she had no control.

"Who did you speak to like that?" Her father's attention is solely on her as he passes by his mate and stands next to his first-born daughter.

Sophia turns sideways to face him. "To you." She responds strictly, locking eyes with him and having a staring contest.

"Show some respect to the one who brought you to this world." He bares his teeth, his eyes changing color. "Don't forget I can strip you of your title in the snap of a finger."

He believes his active threat will intimidate Sophia, but it falls on deaf ears. Sophia was never interested in that title anyway. It was never in her book that she became a princess and had the weight of the entire werewolf world on her shoulders. It would be beneficial, to say.

"You called me here for this-" She snatches the photograph from the office and shoves it into his face, "-yet you're barking at everyone, including your mate and mother of your children, without hearing anything I have to say! If you don't sit your ass on the fucking chair and listen to me, I'll walk out of the door and your life this instant. It's up to you." She shrugs her shoulders.

At the mention of her daughter leaving, her mother angrily marches toward her mate and grabs him by his shirt before shoving him down to the chair. "Sit down and listen to Sophia like a good little boy because if she were to walk out of the palace, she wouldn't be alone. I'll grab the twins and follow her, and you can continue your pity party."