Prologue

"Bubba push me!" The three year old Marissa giggle at her older brother Alfonso as he pushed her on the swing. On the swing next to her was her older twin brother, Max, who was being pushed by their oldest brother Vincenzo. "HIGHER!" The toddler squealed.

From the day she was born, she was the center of the De Lucas lives, but it didn't last long as tragedy would soon hit the family.

"HOW COULD SHE BE GONE!" Lorenzo screamed at his men. "HOW COULD YOU LET HER OUT OF YOUR SIGHTS! NOW YOU BETTER GET OUT THERE AND FIND MY BABY GIRL!" The men quickly left the room to look for the missing mafia princess. At only three, the only daughter of Lorenzo De Luca was kidnapped.

For years, the De Luca family searched for their missing princess, never giving up, but alas they never found her. Lorenzo was heartbroken, as was his sons that the light in their dark hearts had been taken from them.

After the youngest De Luca was kidnapped, her kidnappers put her into the foster care system. She was in foster care for around a year until she was finally adopted by the Ivanov family. The Ivanov's were the head of the Russian mafia, and enemies of the Italians, as well as others. Vadim Ivanov and his wife already had three sons, but they had always wanted a little princess of their own. They had tried many times, but to their dismay they discovered Sasha, Vadim's wife, became infertile after the birth of their youngest son, Nik.

The couple went to the adoption center in hopes of finding themselves they're own mafia princess. When the two saw Marrissa, they couldn't help but have their hearts melt at her smile. The couple adopted Marrissa, unknowing that she was the daughter of Lorenzo De Luca, but non the less they raised her as if she was their own.