25-Hopeful

(y/n)'s POV
I threw the empty bottle of pills in the trash with a relieved sigh. Today is the day I get to stop taking them, and hope for the best, "Nervous?" Anakin asked as he hugged me from behind and placed his chin on the top of my head.

I shook my head, "Not as nervous as I thought I would be, mostly relieved, and hopeful." I turned around as he lifted his chin from me and I looked up to meet his blue eyes, "Are you?" I asked as I softly caressed his cheek. Gods I love this man more than anything, I can't believe I'm marrying him.

He half-smiled, "Just a little, but I'm hopeful too." He fully smiled and slowly brought his lips to meet mine. I deepened the kiss by getting on my toes and running my fingers through his hair. He grabbed my hips and pulled me even closer to him while our lips moved in perfect harmony.

I giggled when I felt something poking me and I pulled away from the kiss, "General Skywalker, is that your lightsaber or are you happy to see me?" I teased with a smirk and he let out a chuckle as he pulled out his lightsaber.

"It's my lightsaber." He revealed, much to my disappointment. I sighed and he lightly tapped it against my forehead causing me to scowl at him,"What am I going to do with you?" He shook his head with an amused grin as he turned around for the door.

"I have a few ideas." I responded playfully as I followed him out of the door and into the hallway.

He laughed light-heartedly as we walked side by side, "Sorry to disappoint you Princess, but I have a youngling class to teach." He rolled his eyes with a sigh, he's never been a fan of teaching those classes, but Master Yoda insists that we all do it every once in awhile.

I shrugged,"That's fine, I have somewhere to be as well." I revealed and he stopped walking to face me with knitted brows.

"Where are you going?" He questioned in a confused tone.

I smiled up at him, "I have a lunch date with a handsome fella." I smirked as I teased him.

He raised a brow at me with a smirk of his own, "More handsome than me?" He asked in a low tone as he got closer to me and I had to look down the halls to make sure no one would see us this close.

When the coast was clear, I fluttered my eyelashes up at him, "No one is more handsome than you General." I responded in a flirtatious tone.

He shook his head and chuckled with satisfaction as he turned to walk down the hall. He gestured with a nod for me to continue following him, "Seriously though, where are you going?" He asked with curiosity.

I turned my head to look up at him, "I really do have a lunch, it's with the Chancellor." I admitted and he quickly shot his head to the side to meet my gaze.

"What; why?" He asked with a little more urgency than before.

I shrugged, "I don't know to be honest. He called me yesterday and asked, so I said yes," I turned my head back to look in front of us, but I could still feel his gaze on me.

"How come you didn't tell me?"

I sighed, "Why does it matter? It's just a lunch with an old man, nothing to worry your pretty little head over." I reached my hand up and ruffled his hair.

He shook his head to get his hair back in place with a grin and took his gaze away from me, "No, you're right, it doesn't. Just come see me when you get back, I have a gift for you." He smiled down at me as we stopped in-front of the door to a room full of younglings. They were being loud and rowdy as usual.

"A gift you say?" I responded with intrigue, "Why not give it to me right now?" I've always been impatient, why did he have to tell me that he has a gift? I won't be able to stop thinking about it all day now.