40-Precious

24 hours before the trial.

Anakin's POV
I stayed silent as I walked along the halls with Obi-Wan, we were getting no where with this investigation. A part of me wanted to give up.. which isn't like me at all, but I wanted to go back to the room and stay with (y/n) who is still hopefully sleeping. It took me all night to get her to stop shaking and go to sleep. And almost as soon as she finally closed her eyes, I had to get up and come meet Obi-Wan. I have no idea what this nightmare of hers consisted of, but whatever it was, absolutely terrified her.

"You alright Anakin?" Obi-Wan gently placed a hand on my shoulder to stop us from walking, my tired eyes met his concerned ones,"You've been awfully quiet this morning and you don't look well, did you sleep at all?"

Sighing; I shook my head, "No, I was up with (y/n) all night."

He dropped his hand down and raised a brow, "Oh dear Anakin I didn't need to know that."

I chuckled softly with a half-smile, I didn't have much energy to give him a full smile, "No, that's not what I meant," I nudged my head towards the hall to signal to him that I wanted to keep walking, "Don't tell Master Yoda about this, I don't want him worrying right now, at least not until I get a sense of what's really going on."

"Whatever we discuss will stay between us, I promise you." He reassured me.

I nodded slowly, "(y/n) woke me up last night screaming, I'm surprised the entire temple didn't hear her. She swears it was just a nightmare, but even her hallucinations didn't invoke that much pain and fear. She barely fell back asleep around the time I came to meet you." I poured my worries out to him in hopes of him giving me some guidance, "I'm worried about her Obi-Wan, I've never seen her like that before. There's been something going on with her lately." I felt my eyes start to water, but I quickly blinked the tears away.

He hummed for a moment while he looked like he was deep in thought, "This might be a stupid question, but have you tried asking about what's been troubling her?"

I nodded, "Of course I have, but she won't talk to me." I sighed sadly thinking about last night and how I asked her to talk to me over a dozen times; only to be met with silence, "Its like she's purposely hiding something."

"There is something you can do to find out, but it's a huge invasion of privacy and she might kill you if she finds out." He turned to me with a nervous look in his eyes, like he knows his advice is going to be bad, but it might be the only thing to help.

I stopped walking and he stopped with me so he could have my full attention, "What is it?"

He sighed timidly, "You can try going inside of her mind when she's sleeping, then you'll be able to see whatever it is that she's been seeing in these so called nightmares." He gave the only advice he could come up with, and it really was good advice, but also terrible at the same time.

That is definitely a huge invasion of privacy. And even though I'm desperate to see the light in her eyes again, I don't think I can bring myself to invade her mind like that, "No," I sighed sadly, "I can't do that to her."

He nodded in understanding, "Then all we can do is wait until she's ready to talk about it-"

"Oh my force, there you two are, the council is looking for you!" Ahsoka ran up to us behind and gripped our shoulders to spin us around so we could face her.

"What happened?" Obi-Wan asked with knitted brows.

She looked upset when she spoke her next words, "We know who killed Dooku."