Fear

TW:
None
(They're still at Hope's Peak, but it's just a normal school :))

Kokichi's POV:

I sigh and glance outside at the falling rain. I put my headphones in and start to relax. Shuichi and I had to cancel our plans to sit the courtyard, so that kind of ruins my good mood. I lie down on my in my dorm, just staring at my ceiling. Shuichi's probably sleeping, he told me that he's usually sleeping when storms hit. I'm not sure why though... I could never sleep during a storm, they're too loud and annoying.

I decide to start making little sketches of my beloved Shumai on my little sketch book. I smile and start thinking more and more about Shuichi. Shuichi and I have been together for about three months. I've never been so happy... Shuichi is the best thing that's ever happened to me. I get lost in his eyes and appearance so easily! We actually started dating because I wouldn't stop staring at him. Shuichi would constantly catch me staring, and one day, I stopped staring and just went over to him. That's when I kissed him in front of the entire class. Shuichi was so embarrassed, and adorable!

I start to color in the sketch with colored pencils when my music is interrupted by my phone going on. I glance at the text and Shuichi's name appears.

"Come to my dorm, please hurry" Is what it says. I wonder what that's about? I quickly grab my phone and run to Shuichi's dorm. Nothing else really matters right now. Shuichi never texts me like this, meaning it must be something serious. I make it to Shuichi dorm room and the door is locked. "Shumai!" I exclaim knocking on the door. Shuichi doesn't answer and I start to feel a little more worried.

"Shuichi!" I knock again. No answer. I deicide to pick the lock instead. I take one of the bobby pins from my hair and pick the lock rather quickly, guess it's because of the panic.

I swing the door open, and a crack of thunder is heard. I hear a little whimper coming from the side of the bed. I walk around and find Shuichi wedged in between the crack of his dresser and his bed, his knees to his chest. He has his ears covered and he's shaking like crazy! "Shumai!" I sit down in front of him and he glances up at me, his cheeks are stained with tears. "Hey, come on, Shu..." I say grabbing his hand. He looks at me and another loud thunder burst is heard. His once beautiful amber eyes, filled with tears of fear. Shuichi yelps and I start to understand what's going. I have an irrational fear of small spaces, like Shuichi must have an irrational fear of thunder...

I pull Shuichi up and onto the bed. "There..." I say. "K-Kokichi I-." Shuichi starts. "Hey, no, it's fine!" I respond. I grab a blanket and sit behind Shuichi against the headboard. I wrap the blanket around Shuichi and pull Shuichi into my chest. "Okay, feel better?" I ask holding Shuichi close. He slowly nods. "Oh! One more thing!" I grab my phone and my headphones. "Here, música!" I say. Shuichi puts the earbuds in his ears and I turn on some of his favorite songs. "Okay, now, feel a lot better?" I ask Shuichi. I turned the music up so loud that Shuichi can't even hear me. I hug Shuichi close and stroke his beautiful navy hair.

I rock Shuichi back and forth until eventually, his breathing becomes steady and paced. He's fallen asleep. I smile to myself before resting my head on Shuichi's. I try to keep my eyes open, but it doesn't go very well. I eventually end up passing out to the sound of thunder.

Shuichi's POV:

I was incredibly embarrassed when I had to text Kokichi, I just needed some help, I panicked! I wake up in Kokichi's arm, and the thunder seems to have stopped. I try to move my head, but there's a slight weight on my head. I move my head and Kokichi slumps over before opening his eyes abruptly.

"Oh, hey, Shumai~!" Kokichi says before yawning. "Hi, Kichi..." I respond nervously. Is he upset that I called him over? Or maybe he thinks I'm just a coward? "S-Sorry I called you, I just pan-." I start. Kokichi presses his finger to my lips. "Hey, no apologizing! It's fine! I wouldn't be a good boyfriend if let you cry alone, now would I?"

I chuckle and stare at Kokichi. God, what would do without this tiny purple leader? "Thanks, Kichi." I reply. Kokichi smiles at me before pouncing on me. "I love you, Shumai!" Kokichi exclaims hugging me. I hug him back and chuckle. There's a moment of silence before Kokichi decides to break it. "Wanna talk about it?"

I sigh and Kokichi kisses the side of my head before sitting up on me. "When I was little, my parent had a habit of neglecting me." I start looking at Kokichi. He listens intently while playing with my hair. "And when I was a kid and it would storm, I'd be alone. So now whenever it storms, it brings back awful memories, and thoughts of being alone."

Kokichi gives me a sad smile before cupping my cheek.. "Oh, my beloved Shumai! You'll never be alone. I put my whole entire organization on it!" Kokichi says. I smile at him before pulling him down into a kiss. "I love you, Kichi." I say between the kiss. Kokichi smiles and kisses me again. I pull away and hug Kokichi, tight.

Kokichi and I stay like that for a little while until Kokichi looks up at me. "Hey, wanna get some food?" He asks me. I chuckle and move a strand of hair from his face. "Sure, where to?" I ask.

"McDonalds of course!" Kokichi exclaims. I sigh and shake my head before sitting up with Kokichi. "Okay, let's go." Kokichi chuckles and kisses me for a few moments longer. Food can wait.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry it's a little short-
Also! I just read a Saiouma comic called The Happiness in Your Future, and it made me SOB like I wailed like a child- I don't recommend it if you don't like angst or if your like me and can't handle HARD angst without feeling like shit. But if you're mentally stable enough for that shit, I really recommend it!