Chapter 19

The three girls called Zenitsu and Inosuke to the kitchen. Zenitu still waited for Nezuko to return. As they went in, they saw Kanao and Tanjiro blushing and not doing anything.

"Oi, Monjiro, you good? Looks like you've seen a ghost or something." Inosuke tried to get his attention.

"It's alright, Inosuke. It's just something in my mind." Tanjiro answered, though Zenitsu knew that this wasn't the case. "It's about Kanao isn't it?" He was steadfast with his question. Since Tanjiro is busted, he just nodded.

And not too soon, Nezuko arrived with some accessories. When she arrived at the kitchen, she saw everybody went silent. Zenitsu noticed her and ran to give her a hug. "Welcome back, Nezuko-chan!" He greeted and he saw Tanjiro giving him a stern look.

"I was just buying some accessories for something. It seems that something happened here, and I wasn't there to see it." She sighed as she wished to see some drama.

"Apparently Genya told us what happened. He's literally chuckling on the side right now." Zenitsu slapped his face and explained what happened.

Nezuko gave a cute look at his older brother. "Onii-chan, I didn't know you were such a caretaker." She chuckled like Genya. Before she can talk, Aoi stopped her and everyone sat down and ate their breakfast.

Outside the mansion, Giyuu stood at the entrance. He was injured with wounds all over his body, even his face. He enters the mansion and saw nobody. Assuming they're in the kitchen, he goes there instead. Upon entering, everybody immediately saw him and reacted to the situation. Aoi and Nezuko helped him to a bed and immediately went to address to his wounds.

Everyone waited for quite some time, until Aoi stepped out. Tanjiro and Kanao went to visit him to which he's laying down on the bed. "Tomioka-san, what happened?" Tanjiro asked him.

"I couldn't even see him coming. It's a demon, but with the ability to use breaths. His attacks were unbelievably fast and unpredictable." Giyuu explained his situation.

"So he faced Muzan, but why go after Giyuu?" Tanjiro had some questions of his own. "Why did he go after you, Tomioka-san?" He asked him.

"He said, that he wants to turn me into a demon, whether I agree or not. Part of his plans, I guess." He added.

"This is how Akaza wanted when he face Rengoku-san as an uppermoon, but never mentioned something about plans." Tanjiro remembers that day. "How did you manage to escape him?" He asked thrice.

"When I sliced his arm, to stop him from using one of his breaths in order to create a pathway to slice his neck, he used another technique and then he ran away. He's like a coward. An intelligent and powerful coward." Giyuu slightly joked the demon's personality. "Tanjiro-kun, do you know who that was?"

"I don't know where to start but he's actually the second iteration of Muzan himself. He must've played us before Tanjiro was infected and turned into the Demon king." Kanao answered his question.

Giyuu didn't believe at her story but when he saw the two showing a serious look in their faces. It wasn't the case. "Did you face him or something?" Giyuu asked and Tanjiro can only nod.

The two left him to rest for now. When they entered the garden, Sanemi, Genya, and the other hashiras we're waiting outside, specifically for Tanjiro.

"Is Tomioka alright?" Sanemi asked first and he nods, feeling relieved.

Tanjiro discussed the whole situation that happened to him and Giyuu. The Vine Pillar can only do nothing but listen. Akaza was interested with this, although feeling afraid. Sanemi clenched his fists, showing anger and rage towards the demon Tanjiro was discussing.

"I'm gonna kill that b***h if its the last thing I will do! Do you know where he went?" Sanemi asked.

"While I was dodging his attack, he fled like a coward. And somehow, I can't even trace its scent, like something blocked my sense of smell so he can hide completely. And before you ask, he was alone with nobody, same with Giyuu when he faced him." Tanjiro explained further, which actually solved Akaza's question before he can ask.

After the sudden meeting. The pillars left, except for Genya and the Vine Pillar who was still standing, having listened to everyone's conversation. Tanjiro went inside to rest. Kanao and Genya, and the Vine Pillar are the only individuals left in the garden.

Kanao looks at her sword. It had a pink hue with dark green etches for style. The handguard is circular shaped with 4 slight indentations, with a green center which is slightly covered in vines, assuming to complement her breathing technique.