Chapter 21

It's been 3 days since Giyuu entered and there have been no demon attacks, ever since Tanjiro and Giyuu came face to face with the Second Demon King, though the hashiras are on constant vigilance.

In the Shinazugawa Residence, he's doing the usual beating on his fellow slayers as part of training. Meanwhile, Genya is outside, doing nothing but thinking things. Then he gets a visit by Nezuko and Zenitsu.

"Ohh, Nezuko and Zenitsu. What brings you here?" He asked the two.

"Just visiting. By the way, where's Shinazugawa-san?" Nezuko asked him. "He's busy training the demon slayers." Genya sighed.

"I can already imagine what they're going through." Zenitsu thought. The trio waited for Sanemi to be finished, which took hours. Until he stepped out and saw three awfully quiet until they noticed him.

"Nezuko, Blondie? What brings you here in our residence?" He asked.

Nezuko grabbed something in her bag. She pulled a bowl full of Ohagi. When he saw the bowl, he immediately rushed and grabbed it, with such speed. Before he entered the house, he gave a warm smile. Genya saw this and almost laughed.

"Onii-chan and Tomioka-san told me this was his favorite food. And since Tanjiro and Giyuu are not available for the moment, Why not make stuff for everybody." Nezuko replied enthusiastically.

She almost forgot something and scrolled through her bag. She finds a hairclip with the design similar to that of Sanemi's handguard in his sword. Genya looked at it with surprise.

"Woah, since when did you made that. That looks cool!" Genya said.

"Yeah, and I also made some more for someone. Umm can you give this to him?" She handed him the hairclip.

He grabbed it and nodded. The two bidded them a goodbye before leaving the residence, with Zenitsu still showing a bit of disgust when he gets called Blondie, even though its true.

Back at the mansion, Kanao and Aoi are doing some household chores. The three young girls also took care of Giyuu by giving him water and food. He's still recovering and he will perform back to normal in a short while.

It was afternoon, and Tanjiro made it back to the mansion. He then sees Michikatsu waiting for him. He was confused as to why he was here. "Umm, Michikatsu-san? What brings you here in the Mansion?" He asked.

"Starting tomorrow, we should perform a duel. You've met the Demon King, but you we're lacking tactical intellect. Let's see if we can improve your abilities as a hashira further. After all the experiences in the battlefield, its best to have a challenge, with someone as powerful as a hashira like me." He explained. Tanjiro was interested at this duel, so he agreed and then he left immediately, expecting Tanjiro's arrival. "Meet me at Muichiro's residence."

Timeskip

Morning arises as Tanjiro prepared himself. He was going to battle Michikatsu, a living legend, and the user of Moon Breathing. He has fought with him but never in a duel against him. This was a huge feat. He stepped outside the mansion and Kanao was there, waiting for him.

"I want to see you duel with him. Imagine the sun and moon fighting. And besides, I don't have work so I have some spare time." Kanao's eyes lit up.

He would like some company so he let her stay with him to join him and see him fight. Her eyes gave him a warm smile and feeling in his body and mind. They then left the mansion and to Muichiro's residence they go. It's been a while of walking, but then, they were greeted by the Mist Hashira, Muichiro.

"Hello, Muichiro? Say where's Michikatsu-san?" Tanjiro asked him.

"He's in the garden, waiting for you. Let's go shall we?" Muichiro led them to his house and they walked in. Tanjiro remembered his days of training with him here. As they stepped outside, and in the garden, the Moon user was standing still.

"Ahh, Tanjiro, perfect timing. Set your final preparations and we will begin our duel." He looked at him. Tanjiro expected great things that he might learn from Michikatsu. Especially since he has the knowledge of the user of the Sun Breathing, which is his brother.