5

Fortunately enough, I had a day left before the tea party and so I had once again visited the capital.

I ended up buying her a hand fan. A deed navy blue colour with two intricate golden laced dragons seen beautifully across it. One on the right side and the other on the left. While it may seem simplistic, it firstly cost a lot and money and secondly was hard to find.

Afterwards I went back to the palace and into the garden. I knew that Penelope wouldn't be here today seeing as she had etiquette lessons with Madame Bleu.

That woman was cruel yet highly effective when it came to creating epitomes of nobles with amazing grace and good manners. She was a woman wasted on Penelope seeing as Penelope never really took into account her words not teachings and yet the fool of a teacher was also somehow wrapped into one of Penelope's followers.

As I sat and read my book, my ear twitched as I heard the sound of footsteps from afar. They came closer and I could practically taste the hate radiating from the owner.

My brother Lucas. What the hell was he doing here?

Instead of acknowledging him, I continued to read my book. Not any longer. "To think that you can read in peace while Penelope is suffering with the teacher that you sent to her."

I almost choked on my tea and I laughed inwardly. So he was referring to that.

In my first life Madame Bleu was to be my teacher since I had clearly exceeded the heights of a normal noble child along with Lucas but our teachers were switched.

Oh, and another thing which I forgot to mention. Madame Bleu is also known for her personality. In no form nor way was she a nice person. For her to suck up to Penelope was a huge shock for me.

But due to her personality and the sudden switch, rumours started once more. Rumours saying that I had switched the teachers so that Penelope would have a harder time in class.

If anything, I am sure that Penelope did something in the background. Father had also heard the rumours seeing as my allowance had been reduced for two months.

The same thing already happened in this life long but it didn't matter to me. I sipped my tea and looked to Lucas. "If she is suffering then why not ask father for a new teacher."

His face flushed with anger. "You are well aware of the our sister's personality. To go and ask father--" I stopped him right there. "Your information is wrong dear brother, firstly she is not my sister. She is the daughter of a maid and secondly I don't know about her and have no wish to do so. Now you can continue."

He looked stumped by my behavior. I had finally gotten this ten year old brat to shut up. "Seeing as you don't have anything to say brother. I shall leave."

Curse the standards of now. To chase away Lucas who was the crown prince would only result in a bad end for me and I can't risk that right now. I picked up a macaroon from the tray in front of me and took my book to leave. As I passed Lucas, he hand shot out and grabbed my arm rather forcefully.

"How dare you talk to me like that," he said as his eyes turned from sky blue to deep, dark red and began to glow. Oh~ I had gotten his more primal side to come out.

My eyes also glowed red as I looked towards him with hate in my eyes. "What of it brother."

My powers had unintentionally began to work and a dark aura was around me

My powers had unintentionally began to work and a dark aura was around me. The tendrils from the aura moved towards Lucas and he was quick to let go, almost as though my skin repelled him.

I turned and quickly walked away while trying to calm down. If I went back into the palace like this everyone would feel my rage, especially father and I can't risk that.

Rather, I went to a more secluded area and sat on the ground. Raoul came out and sat next to me. "For someone much older and calmer than this, you lost your calm pretty quickly."

I sighed. I think it was my body. My emotions were more all over the place than before. My joy and anger felt stronger and harder than to control.

"It is your body. Your mindset's adjusting to your current body so that you aren't too overwhelmed. Not the most seen case but it has happened before."

I'm not bothered about asking about this previous case. "But one warning Raeliana. Be careful of becoming too overwhelmed by your emotions. While you may not feel it your body is in the adjustment period and getting too emotional wouldn't work well with your powers. Your body may be adapting but your powers are still as strong as they were before the incident."

I flinched when he mentioned that. It was something I didn't want to remember again.

"Um, Raoul?"

He turned to me. Oh gosh, this is surprisingly hard.

"H-how are you since that happened?"

I stuttered like a fool yet at this moment, it was well justified. A lot had happened in the past. He looked confused for a moment before smiling.

"To see you care for me is an honour princess. If anything I'm perfectly fine. While Amos did his fair bit of damage before I'm fine."

He didn't sound like he was lying but he was a high level spirit so it was hard to tell. He then pointed towards the palace.

"You should go now, it seems that servant girl of yours is looking for you." I looked to where he pointed then back to him but he was gone.

I quickly hurried to where she was at and and said that I should get back inside the palace. The sun had already began to set so I thought it was for the best too. Besides winter was approaching so it definitely was getting colder towards night time and I didn't want to get cold.