𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ⸺ 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲.

0532 standard hours. Year 7963 (14 BBY)
Stinger Mantis, Triellus Trade Route.

VÆMAS.

⚡︎ ⁺. ◍ 。

       𝓘T WAS VÆMAS who broke the contact first, pushing away from Cal's embrace and sending away the sinking feeling of regret. She forced herself to take a deep breath in and wiped her cheeks, Cal's arms reluctantly letting go of her.

"Guess I'm not as strong as you thought." She scoffed sadly, looking down on her boots and referring back to their conversation on Kashyyyk.

"Hey."

She raised her still watery eyes at him, his own filled with understanding as a thin smile came to stretch his lips. "You're probably one of the strongest people I've ever met. You don't cry because you're weak, but because you've been strong for too long."

She tilted her head, thinking about his words. "Hm. That's a nice way to put it. Thank you."

Cal rubbed the back of his neck, a gesture he seemed to do whenever he was embarrassed or ashamed of something. "Don't thank me. I don't deserve it after what I did to you."

"Cal—"

"No, you were right." He turned his head away, licking his lips before continuing. "I should have told you about Trilla the second I knew. I betrayed your trust when I know how it feels to live without trusting anyone."

Væmas scrunched her nose before the powerful waves of guilt and shame emanating out of him and took a step forward, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"I know. It's okay."

It was his eyes that became watery now.

"I'm so sorry, I—"

Væmas put a finger on his lips to make him stop talking and pressed a kiss on his cheek, watching with delectation as he turned as red as his hair, his mouth slightly opening.

The mere sight of his face immediately made her feel better and she had to repress her laugh as she turned her head away for a second, lips pursed together.

"Let's call it quit." She finally said as Cal seemed to regain his senses.

He nodded and extended a hand in front of him, one that Væmas shook with a side smile which he returned.

"Cal, Væmas!" Cere's voice suddenly resonated. She appeared in the corridor as the two Jedi let their hands part.

"We have to decide what to do with the holocron before you leave for Ryloth." Cere said with a movement of the head. "Everyone in the main room."

Cal was the first to follow Cere, Væmas' eyes following him as he exited the room. Again, the strange sensation in her stomach came back, a shiver descending along her spine.

Remember, Little Væ. Purpose comes before feelings.

"I'm sorry, Master." Væmas whispered, her head low. "I can't help it."

Trust the Force, young Padawan. The Force will show you the path forward.

After taking a deep breath, Væmas shook her head to focus on the here and now, straightening her shoulders, and got into the main room, where the rest of the crew already was, around the table where the holocron was.

She silently took the only seat available, next to Cal, as Greez crossed his four arms. "Now what?"

"Well, captain," Cere said, turning to him. "This is the end of my charter. Your contract has been fulfilled. Thank you, Greez."