CHAPTER 2 - BETRAYAL

Eighteen-year-old Veronica Gracia's life was changed overnight after her 18th birthday. After the incident took place her mother called Prof. Rafael Agnor to visit them as early as he can.

Prof. Agnor is the principal of Zenovia Academy - The school for the gifted. It's located in a place where no normal human beings can go, yes....... The parallel Universe. It's located in the parallel universe.

Three hours later

A knocking sound came from the door. She ran to open the door when she opened it, her eyes went wide and tears started welling out from her eyes. She was in the pain of getting separated from her daughter. As she already knows, when veronica will turn 18, her powers will be starting to come out from her, as she doesn't know how to control it, she has to go from here. As she was born to fight the dark forces. By going there, she will learn the truth about herself, her destination, her power, and everything. By thinking this who Veronica is, Isabelle calmed herself from crying out. She let in Prof. Agnor.

"How are you, Isabelle?". Prof. Agnor asked. "It's been a long time".

"Yes, it is". Isabelle said."

"Where is she?". Prof. Agnor asked curiously.

Isabelle said holding back her tears. "Up...upstairs".

Prof. Agnor went upstairs to see Veronica. He saw some part of the floor and the wall was covered in blood, her hole back and her birthday dress was in red. He is not really shocked by looking at this all, as he knows what has happened here. He vanished the blood which was on the floor and wall by his magical wand and he healed all the wound formed back of Veronica. As he is a warlock. And he cast a magical spell, then a door form in front of them it was all black in color with a height of 10 cm. He carried Veronica in his arm and said goodbye to Isabelle for the last time. She was crying hard from being separated from her daughter. Prof. Agnor opened the huge door after they went inside, the door quickly vanished.

After some time

The prof. Agnor and Veronica reached the academy, prof. Agnor carried her to his office room, where his daughter Belle Agnor was waiting for them, he laid her on the sofa, and then he smiled towards Belle and said meet Veronica Gracia. Looking at Veronica, Belle was expressionless due to confusion.

"What?". Prof. Agnor said.

"where are her wings?". Belle asked. "I heard that her mother told in the call that her wings are out, her back is all blood and all, right?".

Prof. Agnor laughed at her. "oh, come on Belle did you forgot that I'm a warlock?". "I healed her, sweety."

That I know dad but what happened to her wings?". Belle asked curiously. "Is she fine?".

"Yes, she is perfectly fine my darling". Prof. Agnor said. "The wings are with her only, if she wants then she can let it out, it's that simple but she doesn't know to use it or control it, for that she needs training".

"What is she, is she an angel or something?". Belle asked.

"No, she is Nephilim". Prof. Agnor said".

"What.... No...that's impossible, the Nephilim became extinct from the world". Belle said unbelievingly.

"Yes, they were". Prof. Agnor said. "You will know when the time is right".

Veronica's sleep was interrupted by the noise of their chit-chat. Veronica glanced at the whole room as she was confused and afraid as she doesn't know where she was. She stared at Prof. Agnor for a while.

"Who are you?". Veronica yelled. "Where am I, what is this place, where my mother is, did you kidnapped me or something?".

"Your mother Isabelle Gracia is totally safe at home, no need to worry about her, and you are in Zenovia Academy - The School For The Gifted it's located in the Parallel Universe, we keep all the supernatural beings in this place and give them proper education and train them how to control their power, you are here because you are one of us, you are gifted Veronica and you can't go home". Prof. Agnor explained her politely.