25.

not long after stars breakdown outside rudy's trailer and maddie finding her, maddie drive her home and star went straight to her room.

she only wanted to apologise to rudy for freaking out on him. he wanted to do the same also as he sat alone in his apartment playing the argument over and over in his mind.

star picked up her phone in her shaky hands, her face was tear stained and she had already wiped away the makeup, her face bare but she could still feel the dried tears on her cheeks.

she pressed onto rudy's contact, staring at it for a few minutes before she dropped her phone.

"hey bubs? i got you food. and another maddie" she heard madelyn speak knocking on her door.

"come in" she said

"im literally so weak, why do i keep crying over any minor inconvenience or argument?" she spoke as the two girls sat on the end of her bed.

"star don't you dare say that. you've been through way to much this past year to not let it out." madison said

"what should i do with the whole rudy-drew situation? should i be mature and do my job and just film the scene? or do i listen to rudy and his wishes of not wanting me to do it?"

"i'll try talk to rudy tonight when i go see chase, see if he's cooler down and ask for you. he may have just freaked out in the moment" maddie said

"i shouldn't do it. rudy isn't comfortable with it and i should respect that." star said picking up her phone again, texting rudy a small text

"i'm not doing the scene with drew. im sorry for freaking out on you. i love you <3"

as she pressed onto drew's contact to text him, rudy quickly replied.

"it's okay. just do it. it's literally only acting and it's the last day of filming so don't bother messing up with the script. it's fine and i just freaked out because i know drew has a thing for you. i shouldn't have yelled and i'm so sorry baby."

"i'm gonna go see rudy" she spat out, standing up from her bed quickly.

"hey- wait- no" mads said

"i'm just gonna talk to him" she shrugged

she walked out of the girls shared apartment before they could stop her and she paced down the hall, letting herself into chase and rudy's apartment.

"rudy?" she said, indicating he was in his bedroom as he wasn't in the open space of the kitchen and living room as she walked in.

she walked towards his bedroom, knocking softly before opening the door, being faced with his back as he was laying on his side on the bed, not under the covers. he was still fully dressed with shoes, curled up in a somewhat ball in his bed.

"baby? it's star" she spoke, walking around the other side of the bed, spotting the bottle of half empty vodka on the nightstand.

"shit. rudy, baby" she said, crouching down onto her knees so she was level with him.

his eyes were closed and his phone was smushed against his face as he was passed out on his side.

"rudy. wake up" she shook him, still passed out. her heart clenched as she looked at him.

his eyes lazily opened, looking up at her face, star letting out a breath she didn't know she was holding in.

"hey baby, i'm so sorry" he softly said, sitting up.

"rudy, it's 4 in the afternoon and you're drinking. is this because of our fight?" she said, her voice cracking. obviously knowing the answer was yes.

he shook his head frantically, eyebrows clenched together. "baby this isn't your fault, okay? i'm sorry for yelling at you" he slurred, she almost gagged because she could smell the alcohol in his breath

"rudy, it's okay." she softly said

"no it's not. you thought i was gonna hit you. you're afraid of me!" he weakly said his voice cracking as tears welled up in his eyes.

stars heart broke. she knew he wouldn't ever lay a hand on her, the argument just reminded her of her ex to much that she freaked out on him.

"no- rudy no i could never be afraid of you, okay!? i just freaked out, it's fine. i'm okay" she said, her hands still shaking.

"i hate that bastard for doing this to you. for making you afraid of me. i should've killed him when i had the chance. he abused you, star. he never deserved you. i don't deserve you again and i'm not even close to a horrible man as him. i'm just a piece of shit" rudy mumbled

"stop, rudy. don't put yourself down like this. i love you, okay. you aren't a piece of shit, you're the best guy i could ever have. okay stop this. i'm gonna go get you some water and advil and you need to sober up, okay?" she smiled weakly and he only nodded, now sitting against the headboard with his arms crossed

she walked out to the kitchen, seeing chase and maddie now sit in the kitchen.

"how is he?" maddie asked

"okay? i think. he just keeps putting himself down and he's completely wasted. this is all my fault" star sighed, avoiding eye contact as she grabbed things for rudy, she knew if she made eye contact with maddie, she would have a sad look in her eyes and she would just lose it.

"it's not your fault bub. just wait until he's sobered up to have an actual conversation with him okay?" maddie said, coming up behind her to hug her.

after the hug, she walked away from maddie and chase, returning to rudy.

she gave him the water and advil, he quickly chugged it, then lay down with his back against the pillows and now under the covers in silence until he spoke up.

"i love you" he says, looking at her as she sat on the side of the bed.

"i love you too baby. now try have a nap to sober up okay? we've got the last day of filming tomorrow and i don't want you feeling like shit okay?" she said and he simply nodded

"will you lay with me?" he asks, she didn't reply but only kicked off her shoes and got into bed with him 

the two now lay together, Rudy's head laying on stars chest as she softly ran her fingers through his hair until he drifted off.

maddie stood in the hall near the doorway, spotting the two laying together, rudy asleep on her.

"they're so in love that i think it hurts them" maddie softly spoke.

••

a-n

so so incredibly sorry for the long wait for a new update!! i've been super busy settling back into school and i completely forgot about wattpad in general, i literally have to update all my stories.
but don't worry, i'm going on school break in a few weeks, so i'll try update as much as i can when i'm off.
hope you love it, thanks for all the support and love 🤍