Part 18: Running Towards The Pole

I would like to dedicate this chapter to those readers who vote for all my chapters and keep encouraging me. Thank you sayalijoshi1908, akshyabhujbal, Rochi88811, sanjanaroychowdhury, bbbbhh, sheili, Sirisha and VipulPawar for your amazing votes. Thank you, all those whose names I couldn't mention just now. Don't worry, I put up names of all those who vote, so eventually your name will be seen. I have almost 4K reads and I cannot thank you amazing readers enough. You are my inspiration. ☺
Enjoy reading and please vote and comment.
This chapter is unedited.

Brianna's POV

Attraction is something that humans can rarely fight. So if two people feel drawn to each other like moth to flame, they usually do. The two could fight the attraction with all their strength, but they eventually will get stuck together. It is a strong feeling of togetherness, that makes people capable of caring for each other. It is not only a carnal feeling, but also something with mutual respect. So, when I felt I was ready for Alex, I gave him myself, completely and fully. I trusted him to trust me. I loved the ways in which he touched and caressed me and I returned the favor oh - so - gladly. I never had felt this strongly about someone before. Alex was doing something to me, that felt so intimate and so much more than I would like to admit. I was playing a dangerous game, being with the man that I was being blackmailed to work against. I really should have kept away from Alex, should have let him hate me if needed. But, now I was neck deep in with him. I didn't know what I felt for him, but it was strong. Something I figured worth fighting for.

Alex and I spent most of the night up. No points for guessing what we were up doing, obviously. It was so different with Alex, so passionate and yet filled with aggression. I was sure to be so embarrassed later in front of him. But in those many, many times together, I chose not to think of anything else. By the time it were wee hours of the morning, we were talking and it felt like hours. We just spoke about anything and everything, kissing and cuddling in intervals and I didn't realise when I dozed off.

*****

I woke up with the sun rays interrupting my sleep. I opened my eyes to find myself wrapped in an embrace with a sleeping Alex. He looked so innocent with all his features, that usually intimidated people. I hated to wake him up from this blissful sleep. I checked the wall clock and it said 10:00 am. We were already late, but I guess being the CEO meant that Alex had privileges. But, I still had to go early. Alex had a meeting today and if I could sneak into his office, I could get the CCTV footage from his computer. Alex had told me while having the Valentine's Day date, that the CEO office has only one camera whose footage is saved straight into the admin files, so that Alex gets his privacy. So our few rendezvous went unnoticed. I had a lot of searching about to do. So, I gently moved his hand from my waist and kissed his chin before getting out of bed. He turned a little, but remained asleep. I entered the bathroom for a shower and closed the door behind me. I let the warm water fall on myself and relaxed my muscles, which is when I heard a knock on the door.

"I'm coming in."

"Alex no! I'm in the shower!"

I instinctively used my hands to cover my modesty. Alex shamelessly entered the bathroom, even after I asked him not to.