CHAPTER FOUR

Leah's pov,

Today's Brandon's birthday. That is my first thought as I fully wake. For once, I get to be his alarm clock even though I'm certain that he's already awake. The only reason why he hasn't called is because I threatened him with no birthday gift. I pick my phone and call him, he picks at the first ring but I don't allow him to speak.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" I hear him laugh hard.

"Oh, baby, you're hyper, thank you". I huff knowing fully well that he was shaking his head.

"Hey, Brandon?" I call out sweetly

He chuckles, " not yet". I huff again.
I mean it's killing me not knowing and yes I'm talking about the request that he said he was going to make on his birthday.

"I hate you" I tell him

"And I love you too. See you later, baby. Hope your parents know you aren't coming back tonight?"

I blush even though I know he's talking about friendly love. I'm always a blushing mess with him.

"Yeah, I told them. See you soon." I hang up and get ready.

Thirty minutes later, my phone rings and I grab my things and head out greeting my parents on the way.

"I'm gone!" I yell

"See you later, honey!!" I hear my mom yell back.

Once I step back, I rush out and hug Brandon extra tight. He hugs me back and chuckles.

"You are very happy to see me this morning".

"Shut up". I release him and smile up at him.

"Happy birthday"

"Thanks, baby, let's go." I nod and get into the car.

"Brandon?" I look at him and bat my eyelashes. He laughs.

"Not a chance, Leah."

I pout at him and I notice his eyes darken but he shakes his head and starts the car while mumbling. I think I hear something like "soon, I'll bite those lips."  But I shake it off. I don't think I heard well.

Lunch

I get to our table and see everyone there except Brandon, we all know where he is.

"Hey, guys" I get a couple of heys in return.

"Are you all ready??" I get a couple of hell yeahs!

"Here, baby" I see my food in front in front of me.

"Thanks" I mumble and start eating. I am so glad there's a McDonalds two blocks from school if not, I don't know how I would have survived school food. I hear him talk to the guys about the party. I roll my eyes.

"Did you just roll your eyes at me, Leah?" He breaths in my ear and I surpress a shiver.

"N-no". He chuckles.

"Liar. You'll pay for that soon enough."
I almost whimper but catch myself and look up to see the girls watching my eyes. I bite my lip in an effort not to roll my eyes again. No need to add to my unknown punishment. I take out my phone and text them in our group chat.

Later

And I put my phone. The bell rings, we all gather our things and head to class. I and Lizzie go together since we both have the same class.

After school,

Brandon was already at his car when I get there. I just jump in. We stay seated waiting for everyone to get out. I let him play with his phone for a few minutes before I become impatient.