15. Coldness And Distance

Hey there peeps! 🤗♥️ Phew, finally finished with this chap! 🤧😗

Let the reading commence! 📯🎉

Enjoy 😉🌸

_______________________________________

Hooriya's POV:

...¨Haina! Mujhe tou pehle se hi pata tha, fazul admi hai wo (I know right! I already knew from the start, he's a useless man),¨...

...¨Upar se mujse se hi zaban chal a rahi thi! Maine bhi Azeem ko bata diya ke Azeem sahab apni biwi ko zara control me rakho (To top it all off she was even talking back to me! I also told Azeem that look Mr Azeem keep your wife under control)...¨...

...¨Wo hai na Ajmal...arey apna Ajmal, hain usne na Zubaida ki beti ka rishta manga he (You know Ajmal...our Ajmal, yes well he sent a proposal for Zubaida's daughter)...¨...

I sighed. Just how much more gossip do I have to listen to? Everyone was busy talking to one person or the other, my father and Uncles, as usual, were busy with their business associates whilst my mother, Aala and Khateeja Aunty were busy socialising. Mansha and Madiha, on the other hand, were hell-bent on making me lose my mind, I thought bitterly as the ever besheram (Shameless) Maria went on and on about some stupid salon she had visited the other day.

Iss churail ko itna mu kyu laga rahi hain ye dono!? Iska bass chale tou abhi ke abhi jakar mera shohar se shaadi karle! Besheram kahin ki! (Why are these two being so close to this witch!? If it were up to her she'd already be married to my husband! Shameless woman!)

Internally sighing in utter frustration, I tried to zone out as much of her baakwaas (nonsense) as I could, but that only ended with listening to all the baakwaas going on around me.

Since when did attending a simple Walima become so tiring and overwhelming?

Irritated with pretty much everything going on around me, my mind drifted off to the previous night. I closed my eyes in regret as I recalled the ridiculous stunt I'd pulled. Bhai? (Brother?) Seriously, Hooriya? Aur koi excuse nahi mila tha ke tumne une seedha bhai ka hi title de diya? (You couldn't have found a more terrible excuse, could you?) I internally groaned. This was the least of my problems though! Suleiman had left last night claiming that some sudden work had come up in Multan that needed his immediate attention. He didn't even attend the Walima. Sameer, too, hadn't tried to approach me after the bizarre stunt he'd pulled last night. Never in my wildest dreams had I imagined him to confess to me.

How am I supposed to refuse him and not break his heart at the same time?

¨Boo!¨ I almost jumped out of my seat as I was startled out of my reverie by a rude, obnoxious voice right next to my ear. I turned around and glared at my smirking brother!

¨Seriously!? Just how much more childish can you get, huh?¨ I whisper-yelled as I put my hand over my heart, trying to calm my erratic heartbeats. Giving me a nonchalant shrug, he immediately snagged the chair next to me and started sipping on his coke. I narrowed my eyes at this obnoxious behavior but decided to let it go as I could already feel a few eyes on us. The last thing I need is to add more drama to my life, I thought dejectedly.

¨Beautiful,¨ I passed a perplexed look to Umar as I heard him murmuring to himself. I followed his line of sight and my eyes almost bulged out of my sockets. What the heck!? I kept looking to and fro from my brother to the girl sitting next to Mansha. How even...? A smirk made its way to my face as I eyed my brother's lovesick face again. The said girl also seemed to have a slight blush on her face. My, oh my, just what is going on here?