29. Wrong

An hour after lunch, I was cleaned up and dressed in a short yellow sundress with a hot pink bikini underneath, and my hair braided down my back. I made my way down to the bottom deck with Clive, Owen, and Camaro, finding Darren with two other guards waiting. He was dressed in black swim shorts and some fancy laced-up water shoes, holding two life jackets.

I suddenly felt myself get excited but kept it contained.

"Come on," Darren said with a grin and opened a door that led to the back of the yacht.

Inside was a tender garage, worthy of notice. Glossy wooden floors and pretty white walls with large windows complemented the space of water that contained one floating jet ski hooked to a railing. Now that I had a closer look, I couldn't help but smile at the black and silver Kawasaki 300 LX Ultra and marvel to myself at its 300 horsepower capabilities and supercharged engine. Not to mention, I wouldn't put it past Darren to have installed upgraded modifications. That jet ski was fast as fuck, and I tried not to squirm too much at the idea of being able to ride one – hopefully by myself. Riding bitch wouldn't nearly be as much fun for me.

So where was the second one? I knew there were two.

Darren then pushed a button on the wall, and a giant white garage door opened to reveal the sea behind us, causing Camaro to bark behind me at the ruckus. That was when I noticed Scott was riding the missing jet ski, riding back and forth in front of the anchored yacht.

When did Scott get here?

But as I watched Scott maneuver on the jet ski, I started to recognize what it was – a Seadoo Spark Trix. I smiled from nostalgia. My cousin had the same jet ski, and while it wasn't nearly as fast as the Kawasaki, it had many other capabilities that made it a super fun ride.

After a moment of watching Scott ride the jet ski back and forth, it started to irritate me. He was such a boring rider; he didn't deserve the privilege. We'd better not be riding like that.

"Pllllleeeeaaaasssseee tell me I get to ride my own. Please!" I begged. I was not above begging at this point.

Darren turned to me and handed me the life jacket. "Scott is warming yours up." My face lit up with excitement before he was even done speaking. "You stay near me, keep away from other boats, and watch your speed."

His harsh tone was full of warning, allowing no room for arguments, which was damn fine with me. I was about to ride my own jet ski. I'd agree to damn near anything, so I nodded vigorously. "Okay, got it."

"Do not make me regret this, Jaden." For once, that dark, stern look on his face was not enough to intimate me. I was so fucking ready for this.

"Oh, you won't," I assured him, my mouth unable to unhinge the grin plastered all over my face as I pulled off my dress and fastened my life jacket.

I could see the skepticism all over Darren's face as he fastened his own life jacket and moved to pull the other jet ski out to the launch pad of the yacht. Once Scott noticed Darren, he began to close in on the yacht and docked quickly with the help of the staff.

"Think you can handle this baby?" Scott asked me with a cocky smile on his face.

I smirked. "Considering the weak sauce you were pulling out there? I got something for ya."

Clive and Owen snickered behind me, and Scott full-out laughed, but Darren wasn't impressed, considering the glare I was receiving right now.

"You don't have shit for him, Jaden. You stick to the rules, or this will be over before it even starts," Darren growled at me as he moved his jet ski into the water.