Chapter 2: Friends

. . . Marinette POV . . .

        Damian taught me how to glare, like he does. It works a lot better than my previous glare. He says I actually, almost looked intimidating. Well, it has been 3 weeks. I have spent them trying to get Damian to smile. While he teaches me how to be intimidating, and a few fighting techniques. Akuma's haven't been too hard lately.

      Days have been brighter. If someone tries to spill something on me he will pull me out of the way. They saw him in Gym and are too chicken to even try and get physical and to top it off, when they try and talk to me he glares at them. So they don't call me names to my face anymore.

         I feel more like myself than I have in a long while. It feels good. I made Damian a leather jacket last week, so he kind of figured out I'm Nettie. Anyways Miss B asked me to stay after school today so I have 2 more minutes till the bell rings. What favors does she need? I wonder if the class told her something and I have to move seats? But maybe she just needs me to plan a school trip? or event? Or? Or? Or???

...bring .. bring...

        The whole class flowed out the door, but I knew Damian was waiting for me right outside the door. Probably eavesdropping on us. It made me happy in a way.

      Miss B started "So Marinette. I need you to think of an end-of-the-first-semester field trip. As well as the end of the year trip, along with that, start on the fundraisers. You see, I thought you would have started on them already, since you are class president. I guess not so I'll let you off, on a reminder of your responsibilities." I took a calming deep breath before replying "Oh sorry, Miss B I just forgot thanks for the reminder. I'll get right on that. Is there anything else?" She dared to smile at me. She then said "Nope, just email me the details so I may announce them to the rest of the class. Have a good day." I said through ground teeth "Alright Miss B. Goodbye."

        I walked out of her classroom to Damian giving me a look. That said 'what the actual hell.' That's how I knew he was eavesdropping, not that I cared, so in a reply. I just shrugged my shoulders before saying "Any places you wanna go, or hear Lila lie about?"

     Oh god, he smirked and said "Gotham" I just shook my head, knowing him he is already formulating a plan for stuff to do in Gotham, but I have no idea, what his goal is. We tossed ideas back and forth for the mid-year trip, as we walked to the park. Our first priority was homework once we sat down on the dead leaves. We easily did our homework, most of it we did in class while Lila was sprouting lies. So all that was left was M. Mendeleiev's science work. After we quickly got that done, we started on the trips. We only finished the mid-year trip to tour local businesses for our futures. After that it was time for me to head home, my curfew was 8.

Safely tucked into my room with 17 miniature gods. I miraculously finished a music album cover for my uncle Jagged. Along with his stage and interview outfits for the tour that goes with it, before I went on patrol. It was one of the calmer nights as I ran across the rooftops. Paris doesn't have much crime but like any big city, there is always some.

After patrol, I just sketched while texting Damian. I wanted to know about Gotham. At some point in time, while messaging him I fell asleep.

     In the morning on a whim, I somehow convinced Damian to come to the fair with me I wore a pale pink sweater dress, with a jean jacket to block the wind, with it I wore dark gray leggings and my comfy black combat boots. I used my black purse that I can easily switch to cross body strap or backpack straps. This convenience makes it one of my favorite bags. We met at the park next to my house before walking to the fair. I cracked jokes as we walked trying to get him to smile, and every once in a while in return he'd say something real smooth to make me blush. At this point though, I'm no longer such a stuttering mess every time. I have yet to make him blush when I'm smooth back though. Before we knew it we were at the fair. Once we got inside I held his hand so I wouldn't lose him in the crowds. It was warm and calloused in mine, I should've started holding his hand sooner. I nudged him with my shoulder before speaking, "If you don't go on all the roller coasters with me, Then you are a chicken." He snorted and rolled his eyes at me before stating "Lead the way."