Chapter Two: Sneaking Out

-Tommy's Point of View-

I smirked to myself and changed into some civilian-like clothes. A tan sweater, dark jeans, a beanie, and snow boots. I've had most of this in the back of my closet since forever. I wore all this to "hide" who I really was. I wasn't about to go out in anything fancy. I'd stick out like a sore thumb! So I went bland, covering my blonde hair to the best of my abilities. I opened my window with care, making as little noise as possible. I squeezed through the small opening I created for myself and carefully walked along the roof. I looked up to the guard towers, trying to stay on their blind sides.

It felt like forever until I reached the far wall. I jumped down and landed in th e powdery snow. I smiled to myself. I had done it. I had snuck out successfully. I kept sneaking around until I arrived at the entrance of the city. It was beautiful, especially at night. Torches lit the paths, showing off the rows of stores and houses. Some of the stores still had light coming through the windows, meaning they were still open. I then realized that I had forgotten to bring even a single copper. Oh well I guess. I walked around the streets a little more, taking in every sight. There were no guards to be seen anywhere. I finally wasn't being watched for once. I stopped as I heard children laughing ahead of me. I ducked into an alleyway and watched them. About five kids played in the snow outside a large building. They all seemed to know each other. They were all friends. I slightly frowned, watching these villagers having the time of their lives.

"I'll get you for that!" I heard a child yell playfully. It was a younger girl with brunette hair in a grey hoodie. Snow appeared to be all over her back, like someone had thrown a snowball at her.

"If you can catch me!" Another voice yelled. I turned and saw a brunette haired boy in a green shirt. He giggled and yelped as the other girl started to throw snowballs at him. Soon enough, they were all in a snowball fight. I sighed and started to walk away. Then a snowball struck the back of my head, causing me to flinch at the cold feeling.

"Toby, you just hit that guy!" I heard the girl hiss. I turned around to see the boy in the green shirt holding another snowball. He had a slightly terrified expression.

"I-I'm really sorry!" He stuttered, dropping the snow in his hand. I looked at him with an eyebrow raised. It was like we were all having a standoff as the other children halted their snowball fights as well. I quickly scooped up some snow, fumbling with it from inexperience and threw it at the Toby kid. He yelped before realizing what I had just done. He smiled and gathered more snow in his hand. "WARRRRR!" He yelled, throwing another at me.

And soon enough we were all running around, throwing balls of snow at each other. My cheeks started to hurt from all of my smiling and laughing. I struck Toby with a final snowball, hitting him right in the chest. He collapsed dramatically, holding his hand over his heart. "Agh, noooooo," he yelled, still being over-dramatic, "I've been struck down! I'm dying!" We all laughed as the sweater girl ran over to him.

"Toby, noooooo." She said sarcastically, dropping to her knees. He grabbed her hand.

"Promise me," he paused, thinking for a moment, "promise that you'll play the Song of Freedom at my funeral, Lani!" He cried, putting another hand over his face. I thought about that song for a moment. I realized I had never heard of it. Which was strange since I knew almost every song ever because of Wilbur.

"Anything for you!" She told him. He then stopped moving and made a 'bleh' sound.

"And scene!" He yelled, sitting up quickly. Lani, I think, helped him up. We all started brushing the snow off our clothes. I still wore a smile on my face. It felt good to do normal kid things. I sighed and looked at the other children.

"Kids," I heard a voice yell, making all of us look up, "it's bedtime!" Called a lady from the entrance of a large building. All of the kids let out sighs and made their way to the building. Toby walked up to me. I then noticed his small horns and goat like ears. I just shrugged it off. This stuff's kinda normal.

"I don't think we've met," he told me with a smile, he stuck out his hand, "I'm Toby, but everyone calls me Tubbo." I watched his hand for a moment, then I shook it. I quickly came up with a name, not wanting to reveal my identity.

"Leo," I said with a smirk, "my name is Leo." Tubbo let go of my hand and gestured to the building.

"Did you come here on purpose?" He asked, one of his ears twitching. I gave him a look of confusion, not understanding what he was talking about.

"Uh, where is here?" I asked, sticking my hands in my pockets.

"Flower Street Orphanage." He clarified. I quickly shook my head.

"No, no," I quickly told him, "I was just passing by and I didn't really expect anyone to throw a snowball at me and I was kinda bored so I-" I quickly cut myself off, realizing I was rambling. Tubbo gave me a nervous smile.

"Yeah, sorry 'bout that big man." He muttered in embarrassment. I shrugged.

"It's cool." I said nonchalantly. He was about to speak again when the woman called out again.

"Tubbo, it's time to come in!" She called out. I looked around, realizing everyone else had left already. He sighed and looked back at me.

"See you around big man?" He asked with a smile. I thought for a moment. Will he? I shrugged.

"Maybe." I said, not looking at him. He walked away, turning to face me as he walked backwards.

"Mysterious!" He declared, turning back around as he almost tripped. The doors closed with a heavy thud, leaving my all by myself. I started my walk back to the castle, thinking about what had just happened. I had a lot of fun.

I finally snuck back into the castle, crawling through the small crack in my window. As my feet touched the wood floors, I quickly shut the window and closed the curtains. I changed out of my "Leo disguise" and settled into my bed. I smiled at the ceiling, replaying the happiness I felt in my head. I finally drifted off to sleep, dreaming about making so many friends I couldn't even remember all their names. But it was still a good dream.