Hope

Tension hung in the air around them. "Where do we go from here?" Alastor asked Louis. His signature smile was a little strained and dangerously large.

Louis swallowed thickly. "I felt like I got really close to discovering who I was tonight. Alastor, I don't think I was a good person."

"How about this. You don't turn me in. And I will help you figure yourself out." Alastor offered. He tightened his grip on his steak knife. If Louis said no... well. Alastor would make sure Louis kept his pretty mouth shut.

"Al. I honestly don't care if you eat my next door neighbour." Louis huffed with a shrug. "Torture them for all I care."

Alastor blinked slowly and released the knife. "You... you are just as messed up as I am." He snorted and burst out laughing.

Louis smiled sheepishly. "So you got ideas to help me figure out how to get my memories back."

"I do actually. Mimzie asked Cho about your case a couple of days ago. Apparently there is another survivor. They tracked him down but so far he's refused to talk." Alastor hummed. "If you were doing that ritual with him..."

"Then he might know who I am!" Louis grinned. "Do you know where he lives?"

"No but I can make a few persuasive calls." Alastor grinned back at him.

-----

Alastor allowed Louis to spend the night at his house. It was more convenient than having to pick him up again in the next day. That morning Alastor made his calls to detective Cho and Mimzie. He quickly managed to get the guys name and adress. Apparently he was some big shot stripper from the big city. The guy had been in the wrong place at the wrong time. The police suspected he had been delivering the victims some drugs. The whole summoning circle ritual was supposed to be a joke. A fun activity for the party. The  exotic dancer had refused to say anything beyond that and simply looked around before slamming the door on the police.

Cho had noted in her report how shifty he was. Sadly she could not bring the guy in. Her boss had forbidden it as he didn't want to piss off the local mob. Which had frustrated Cho to no end.

"What kind of name is Angel?" Louis looked up from the file.

"The stage kind." Alastor retorted with  his ever present smile still on his face. They had been driving for over 30 minutes already. The drive wasn't bad, Louis was decent company. Now that they held no secrets between them and the filters were off.

Louis shared all disturbing facts wich popped up in his brain. Such as.

"Did you know. Koalas explode in fire?"

And

"Butterflies have been known to drink blood."

Among other fun things. Alastor honestly found them pretty facinating. Like the lovely discussion they had about the corpses on Mount Everest. Or the talk about skinning a human and what it's best parts are. Alastor still felt pleasantly surprised by how fucked up Louis actually was. It seemed Louis was more comfortable talking about disturbing things than pleasant things.

"Yeah there's been.. this voice? At the back of my head.... it sort of sounds like me but. Older. No. Not older." Louis thought about it. "More experienced he nodded.

"What does he say?" Alastor hummed showing no judgement and only interest. Maybe. This is what bonding with another person was like? Louis made him feel... safe. Secure. Alastor knew Louis wouldn't betray him he felt it.

"He says stuff like. This guys a sinner, o my father you're so dumb. You like death you moron."

'You do!'

Louis pulled a face. "It just agreed."

"Do you think. Maybe it's your memories? Trying to remind you of who you are?" Alastor looked at Louis but quickly focused on the road again.

"Huh. I hadn't thought about it like that." Louis tapped his fingers to his chin. "I'll listen more carefully from now on. Maybe I can learn some things?"

'You should just fly to your destination. This is taking forever.'

"I stand corrected the voice makes no sense." Louis declared.

"What did it say?" Alastor raised a curious eyebrow.

"It fuckin.. implied how I can fly?" Louis shrugged. "Wich is dumb. Of course I cant fly. I'd know if I had wings."

Alastor tilted his head. "Think of it less literally? Maybe you're a pilot." He offered his thoughts.

"Oh. Yeah you know. That's actually a smart interpretation. I... I just feel. Like I meant real flight. With wings." He paused and stared at the road ahead of them.

Alastor let him collect his thoughts. "Well. We're just about here. Maybe this... Angel. Can shed some light on the situation." The radio host rolled up into the driveway of a shabby looking shack.

"He lives here? It looks fucking abandoned." Louis pulled a face.

'Not as bad as hell.'

Louis wisely decided to ignore that particular statement. Instead he followed Alastor out of the car, stretching as they walked to the door.

"Alright. Are you prepared to use advanced interrogation techniques if this goes wrong?" Alaster smiled in excitement.

Louis snorted. "Sure if he doesn't wanna talk you can make him talk."

"You should join me. You said I jogged your memory last night. With my less than legal actions." Alastor said with that smug I'm the best smile of his. Louis was inclined to agree with that smile. Alastor was pretty great. Wait focus. We were talking about torture.

"Uh. I don't know how good I'll be. Let's just talk first ok?" Louis smiled patting Alastors arm.

The brunette decided they had waited long enough and rung the bell... no answer. Alastor tried knocking next. Still no answer. After a solid two minutes Louis lifted his leg. "Time to bust the door down!"

That got the door to open. "Don't you fucking dare you bitch." Angel spotted Alastor first. "Oh wow. Should've just mentioned you were hot.~ Here's my card sweet cheeks. I'll rock your world for free.~"

"I wish to skip to advanced interrogation methods immediately." Alastor told Louis with a sharp smile that promised death.

Angel purred. "Oh come on dont be like that. I'm very much worth your time I promise.~" he followed Alastor's heated gaze and froze. "Oh fuck. It's you." Angel paled moved to slam the door shut.

Alastor got his foot in between the frame. "Oh? So you know what we're here for"

"...I'm not ready to go to hell yet. I'm still young and beautiful. Please dont take my soul." Angel cried out dramatically.

"...What the fuck are you talking about?" Louis stared at Angel.

".....You are the demon we summoned, right?"

"...."

"....HUH?"