Web of Lies

Kokichi POV

Kaede hung there. Hours of her playing a giant piano with her body, she was slowly dying. And we had to we had to watch the entire thing. The piano and Shuichis sobs were the only thing we could hear. I felt sick to my stomach. Without thinking, I latched onto the nearest person, which had to be Kaito. The piano cover tipped over, with Monokid being thrown in, and the cover crushing them both. I heard the sound of monokids head rolling to Shuichis feet with Kaedes blood covered in it. I didn't want to look. I buried my head into kaitos side. He sighs, putting an arm over me. "go to the dorm. I'll meet you there." He whispers. I nod, dashing out of the trial room.

Kaitos POV

Kokichi runs off, and after a few minutes of Shuichis crying, I'm starting to get sick of it. I lunge for Shuichi, punching him in the face. "Clench your teeth!" He sits there on the ground, shocked. "Your a man, aren't you?! Do you think Kaede would want you to be this shy and quiet and sad? If you don't keep going, you won't be able to fulfill her wish!" Shuichis still speechless, but in this killing game, you gotta keep moving forward! "Kaito, I think it's best if you just leave Shuichi alone for a bit." Kiibo grabs my wrist, giving me the look to calm down. I take a deep breath, nodding. We leave Shuichi in the trial room.

I dash to the dorms. It's so fuckin late at night and I'm tired, but I have to make sure Oumas okay. I walk into his dorm, and he's shaking and crying. "Kokichi.." I approach him, putting my hand on his shoulder. "J-just leave Kaito. I dont want you seeing me like this." I've already seen him break down before. I refuse. "Hell no. I'm gonna make sure your okay. Im not going to leave you to break your own skin again." Kokichi stays silent for a while, then hugging me and sobbing into my chest. I rub his head. He sits there and cries for a while until he calmed down. 

"Kaito.. can you stay with me for the night..?" Stay the night-? O-oh god- no no, why am I thinking of those things-?! Surely he doesn't mean-! I-I'm not gay, cmon! That's- "Momota-chan, your face is really red...-" it gives Kokichi a second to realize where my mind went, and once he does, his cheek flush a deep scarlet. "I-I didnt mean it like that, idiot!" I stand up embarrassed. "Sorry I'll go-" Kokichi shakes his head, grabbing my wrist. "You don't have to! It's  your choice if you wanna stay here, I'm just.. kinda scared." I guess if it was a lie or prank, Kokichi would sound mischievous or flirtatious. I sigh. "Fine fine." Kokichi slips his scarf and jacket off. I guess it seems that's what he sleeps in, just pants. I slip everything but my boxers off, noticing Kokichi staring. His face is pretty red. "Y-your sleeping in boxers alone?" I nod. "I usually do. If your uncomfortable, I guess I could slip my shirt back on. Kokichi shakes his head. "No no, it's okay." I brush it off. We slide in bed. The last thing I expected was for to Kokichi to snuggle in close to my chest. I feel my face grow warm. I'm pretty sure he's asleep. His arms are wrapped tightly around me. Cute... Waait, what? No, he isn't cute. I'm not gay. Not for Ouma. 

But then.. why do I get some strange feeling around him? The urge to protect him..

I brush it off, drifting to sleep.

————

Kokichis POV

The morning announcement comes on, waking both me, and Kaito up. The last thing I expected was opening my eyes to see Kaitos face. We were way to close. We were too shocked to even say anything, I was left staring into his.. really..pretty.. purple eyes.. Wait, what? Do I have brain damage? I'm not gay. And not for Kaito. What the hell? Kaito clears his voice, sliding out of bed with a slightly red face. 

"You planned that, didnt you?" Kaito asked, sounding kind of pissed. "Of course noooot.."  I whine. Kaito rolls his eyes, he probably thinks I'm lying again. "W-What was the point of getting so close to my face before I woke up? What were you trying to do, be honest dammit." Did Kaito just stutter-? "Whats the problem~? Is Momota-chan flustered~?" Kaito, who's still slipping on his pants, looks back at me. "Shut up, dammit! I'm Kaito Momota, I don't get flustered!" "Yeaaaah, you sure about thaaat~?" I whisper in his ear, wrapping my arms around his bare chest. It's kinda cute watching his face flush up. But, I mean that in a no-homo type of way.. I think. "W-What the hell oma-?!" He pushes me off him, grabbing his shirt and putting it on. I sigh, rolling my eyes. "Your no fun.. Momo-chan." I get off the bed, grabbing my jacket and scarf, slipping them on. "Stop calling me momo-chan!" I smirk. Maybe I'll prevoke Kaito a little. "What, too feminine for you.. momo-chan~?" I quickly grab his jacket, running out the door. "OUMA! GET BACK HERE!" Time to play a little bit of tag~! I run out of the dorms and into the school with Kaito on my back. I decide to go to the dining hall for safety. Dashing through the doors,, I meet everyone aside from Shuichi and Maki. "Hmmm? Wheres miss angry pants and emo boy?"