T H R E E

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

"Get me all the possible details, every damn thing

"Get me all the possible details, every damn thing. I don't care how difficult it is to dig in, do it, I want everything by tonight. Start working- NOW." I growled, my gaze fixed on the glass of whiskey in my hand while the private investigator bowed before me multiple times.

"Y-yes king, I will have all the things arranged by today evening," he said and bowed one last time before leaving the room.

Athira.

Which Athira?

My Athira?

I took in a deep breath, closing my eyes in frustration. The thought of trying to find Athira crossed my mind several times in the last one year. Initially, after everything went down, I decided to isolate myself. I couldn't bring Athira back when I hadn't healed myself, only for her to bear my pain alongside me, I wanted to get her back to a happy family. In the last eleven months, I sent out multiple search parties but nothing came out and to be honest, I wasn't surprised.

Athira wasn't my queen for nothing, she had always been my equivalent.

She isn't some naive girl who is easy to get hold of, she probably knows what she's doing and if she is hiding, she's doing it deliberately.

However, now that I think about it, things are starting to make more sense. If Athira has indeed become a part of the Italian Mafia, it makes perfect sense that she's erased off all databases and that there's no clue of her existence for her protection.

For the past eleven months, I stayed silent on all the investigative reports and their results because I figured that if Athira wanted to, she could hide for as long as she wanted, and she could probably be doing it on purpose.

My queen is my equal, she can outsmart all my investigators, She can outsmart anybody she likes, and the only one who would ever be able to play the game by her rules has only ever been me.

I might be the king, but my queen is the main player.

"Luc, I think you need to talk to your father. Something seems...off" Shawn said, entering without knocking while adjusting his pistol.

No knocking.

Like always.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" I asked, rolling up my shirt sleeves as Shawn sat down opposite to me.

"He just came back, from where- I don't know. He seems to be onto something, and that's never been good news" Shawn sighed.

Well, damn.

"Should have killed him back then." I mumbled, taking a sip of my whiskey.

"You'd have regretted it, at first, I failed to understand your logic but with time, I have started getting the hang of it. Your father may be rash and irrational but there has to be something about him, that kept him at the top even though he had all these reckless traits." Shawn explained, loosening his tie and glass of whiskey for himself as well.