PROLOGUE

Greta

I’ve tried to tell myself I hate him, but I’m living a lie. Cash’s dark gaze met mine as I backed away. This was what I’ve dreaded. Me alone with a monster.

I closed his button up shirt I was wearing and hissed. “Get out, this is my room.”

“When are you going to learn your place, dear? I’m your husband.”

“Fuck you!”

I scanned the room trying to find anything to throw at his sexy face.

No, not sexy.
I did not say that.

“Yes, fuck me is right. You think you can prance around here in that and I won’t come take what’s mine?”

I swallowed hard and I lost the ability to breathe. He discarded his clothes and took a few steps forward. Closer to me. Trapping me in. His dark eyes traveled down my body and licked his lips. Like I was his meal. I shoved him back only to be pulled into his chest by one arm. His knuckles caressed my cheek and murmured. “Quit fighting, lamb. Quit fighting the fact we have chemistry.”

“We don’t. In case you missed the memo, I hate you and what you’ve done to me. You fucking trapped me like a wild animal.”

“Kitten, if I were to trap you, you’d be chained up in my basement screaming for mercy. You’d never see the light of day. Remember, you agreed to this. You willingly became my wife when you said your vows. Face it, you belong to me, sweetheart.”

“You’re a monster.”

“If I remember correctly, you came to me that night. You shamelessly begged for me to fuck you.  You knew he was there in the dark watching you and you loved every minute of it.”

“That…”

I gasped when I was lifted by the back of my thighs and carried to the bed. Just one more time, I’ll give in. One more time, I’ll let him think he won. One more time, I’d let my asshole husband fuck me.

I discarded his shirt I was wearing and let it fall to the floor as he laid me down. This was what we did. We fight. Push and shove. Until one of us breaks. I’ll spread my legs and when it’s all said and done, it’ll be me that leaves him by morning. I wouldn’t fall for him again. I couldn’t let him think he’s won.

So I played his little game.

I whispered the words I knew would give him the push.
“Fuck me, Cash. Make me your whore like you’ve always wanted to do. Break me, Sir.”