Chapter-9

Edited

"You are safe now." A deep voice said gently and I finally opened my eyes.

"Kaleb!!??" I saw his deep violet staring at me.

"What are you doing here? And that too so late at night?" He started scolding me like a mother while still holding me like a bride.

"I am sorry. I was just looking for the place you showed me last time." I held my head down because it truly was stupid to think that it would be a good idea to go roaming in a forest at night.

"How did you get in?" He asked. 

"Huh? But first could you please put me down." I could feel my face heat up. 

He just pulled me closer and started walking again.

"I told you to put me down." 

"And I asked you a question. How did you get in?" He said keeping a straight face.

"What do you mean? I don't know what you are talking about." 

Kaleb's POV

He doesn't know what I am talking about???? This territory has been restricted due to the many devoured beings present here. 

(A/N: I will explain more about the devoured beings in the next update.)

A special soul barrier stops the people who aren't strong enough to protect themselves from coming in here. And the little boy in front of me was definitely weak. He was not even able to fight a low-level beast from before. 

I reached the small cabin that I built in the forest. It also has a barrier that prevents those beasts from coming in.

Alex had a slight blush creeping up his cheeks that made me smile.

I took him inside and laid him on the bed. He instantly shot up in a sitting position.

I went to the cupboard and brought a first aid kit. He looked confused when he saw the kit. 

Does he not realize that he is wounded?

"Your knees." I said and he looked down to see the dark red stains on his pants. His expression said it all. 

He did not realize that his knees were heavily bruised. 

"It must have happened when I fell." Alex muttered to himself.

I kept the kit on the bed and started rolling up his pants.

"I-i can do it myself." He yelled and pulled my hand away. 

I couldn't help but chuckle at his antics. 

"Don't worry. I'm going to be gentle." I tried rolling the pants up but he hissed as soon as the pants came over the wound. It would be hard to roll them up to the knee without causing any pain. 

I smirked. "Looks like we would have to take them off." 

"Whhaaaa. N-no need. I can do it myself." But before he could complain any further I had already pulled his pants down. My hands glided on his smooth baby soft skin. I could feel the goosebumps erupting on his skin where I touched. I felt satisfied with his reaction to my touch. I looked up to see his face. It was redder than a tomato and his eyes avoided mine due to embarrassment. 

I felt a huge thump in my heart. Maybe this is perfect. I could keep him in this cabin forever. People would think a beast killed him and would soon forget about him. 

Hissss

I broke out from my wild thoughts to see Alex hiss at the pain as I dabbed the cotton dipped in alcohol on his wounds a bit too hard. There were droplets of tears on the corner of his eyes from the pain. 

I felt sad seeing that I was the cause of his pain and pushed all the thoughts away.

"Sorry." I said and continued trying to be as gentle as possible. 

I was soon finished wrapping a bandage around his knees and got up to get some water for him.

"Thank you." Alex said lightly pulling my sleeve as I was about to leave.

"For what?" 

"For everything. For saving me, carrying me here when my knees were hurt, for taking care of me and letting me stay here." He looked at me with an emotion I could not decipher.

I turned around and patted his head. He closed his eyes and leaned into my touch.

Alex's POV

Kaleb brought some water for me.

"I don't have much here. You can sleep on the bed." I looked up when he said that. 

Sleep here!!!????? I can't sleep here or my 'siblings' would find another reason to talk shit about me.

"I can't. I have to go home." I said determined. To my surprise, Kaleb just sighed and nodded his head.

"Ok, But I will take you there." 

We went out of the cabin. I was still afraid to find anything like the beast before so I kept my eyes down and let Kaleb guide me out of the forest.

We soon reached the Duke estate. Kaleb was about to enter through the main gate when I stopped him.

"You can go now. Thank you once again." Kaleb visibly frowned. 

"Why?" 

"I just don't want my father to worry. If he knows I came home this late he would definitely be angry." I said.

Who am I kidding!! He wouldn't worry even if I was eaten by that beast in the forest.

"Ok! But remember to never step into the forest, especially at night." Kaleb looked like a mom scolding her child after he did something bad and to tell the truth I liked that. Kaleb's presence gives me a sense of security as if he could never let anything happen to me.

"Do you understand?" Kaleb repeated when I didn't answer the first time.

"Sir, Yes sir." I said sarcastically and saluted. Kaleb chuckled with his hand covering his mouth. He looked very handsome. I ran away towards the back door waving him a quick goodbye to prevent him from seeing me drool over him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Since my room is on the ground floor I entered through the window as quietly as possible. My room was dark so I tried to guess where to walk through my memory.

"Why are you so late?" Someone spoke from behind me. The hair stood on my back at the thought of being caught.

I turned around and saw a figure sitting on my bed in the dark.

---------------------------------------------------------

I know that they are very young for me to write that cabin scene but I couldn't stop myself from writing some teenage romance. 

Ok! So everyone knew the answer in the last chapter. But I bet that you won't be able to guess it this time. 

So who do you think was in Alex's room???

Also, I love reading your comments.

Love you all. BUH-BYE........

EDIT:🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈 I forgot to write. HAPPY PRIDE MONTH....🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈