-Late November-

(Noelle's Point of View)

I woke up in Locke's arms. After he had sang to me in the street, he carried me home. We sat for hours together, saying nothing, just holding each other. "Locke?" I asked, lifting my head from his chest.

"Yes Sweetling?" He opened one eye and peeked at me.

"I'm hungry." I giggled. Locke chuckled.

"Let's go find you something to eat then."

We got up, going to the kitchen. "What would you like?" I stared at the content of the open fridge.

"Pasta?" Upon my decision Locke grabbed a container of sauce to heat up.

We spent a while preparing dinner and eating. Afterwards I helped Locke wash dishes.

"Noelle...?" Locke asked tentatively as he put a plate in the cupboard. I dried my hands.

"Yes Locke?"

"I'm sorry... Really, I am." Locke stared at me, his golden-colored eyes glossy. Tears threatened to spill out of his eyes when I didn't answer.

"Locke, I forgive you." Once the word 'forgive' was out of my mouth, Locke had his arms around me. He held me tightly, hugging my body to his. The sharp scent of fresh-cut wood filled my nose. Locke's smell was intoxicating. I closed my eyes, wrapping my arms back around him. Locke tilted my chin up, looking at me intently.

"I love you, Noelle Anastasia-Hope Wermane."

The corners of my mouth turned up into a smile.

"And I love you, Locke Julius Monroe." Locke leaned down closer, his breath surfacing on my lips. His face inched closer and closer until I felt his tender lips on mine. His kiss was soft and sweet, his snakebites rubbing against my bottom lip gently. They were cool on my lips. My extremities tingled with warmth from the connection. I seemed to melt in Locke's arms. Butterflies filled my stomach and sparks of color ebbed behind my closed eyelids.

Locke pulled away slowly, as if he was reluctant to leave the feeling of my lips. I opened my eyes, gazing at his face. His cheeks were a bright pink, his pupils wide. His mouth widened in the biggest, brightest smile I had ever seen from him. His white teeth peeked out from his top lip. My eyes were immediately drawn to his canines. They were abnormally pointed, though I didn't really think anything of it.

Locke and I sat on his bed. I lay my head on his chest with his arms wrapped around me. My eyelids began to feel heavy, and soon I found myself beginning to fall out of consciousness.

"Are you falling asleep Noelle?" Locke's voice was a whisper in my ear.

"Sl...eepy..." I mumbled back at him. I was on the edge of falling into a deep sleep when I felt the cool fabric of a down comforter come up around my shoulders. The space beside me dipped as Locke lay down with me.

"Goodnight Sweetling." He whispered, planting a gentle kiss on my forehead.

(Locke's Point of View)

I watched Noelle's peaceful face as she slept. She was beautiful. She made no sound as her chest rose and fell slowly. "So innocent, my Sweetling." I thought to myself. I gazed at her as she slept for a while, before I began to feel tired as well. I closed my eyes, and it wasn't long before dreams took me.

I woke before Noelle, careful not to rouse her as I stretched my fatigued limbs. I looked at the alarm clock on my night table. Noon. I didn't realize we stayed up so late, but I wasn't in a rush. I was going to stay right where I was: beside Noelle. Noelle began to stir, opening her eyes slowly, blinking away sleep. I smiled. "Good morning sleepyhead."