❁sugar? yes, please

❁sugar? yes, please

John was sitting at his desk when Jannet walked into the cabin. In her tight police uniform and a revolver around her waist, she looked like an angel ready to kill.

                "Any updates on the elementary school case?" She asked, tossing a red file on the table.

John sighed and shook his head.

                "Darn," She pressed her palms on the table. "We need to get some leads on that principal before things get out of control."

                "I won't let that happen." He placed his hand on top hers and smiled. "So officer, how was your day?"

"Tiring. Just came back from the East Bay patrol. Yours?"

                "I have good news for you," He grinned.

She rose an eyebrow. "Really now?"

                "Metilda agreed to take the custody,"

Relief flooded Jannet's striking features. She ran over to the other side of the table and hugged John. He wrapped his arms around Jannet's waist. They pulled away a minute later. A strange look glazed John's eyes. For a second too short, he felt unsure if they were doing the right thing. Why was he feeling this way?

Jannet clasped her hands together. "That's great news. You know John, I'm not mother material. I know nothing other crime and theses guns. It's relief that your son won't have to suffer with a horrible step mother,"

"You're not horrible. Plus it's for the best if Louis stays with Metilda. I don't think they belong in our world."

Jannet gave John's shoulder a gentle squeeze. "You've got me. I've got you. That's all that matter for now. Let's not talk about them,"

"Yah," John stared at the computer screen blinking before him. "Let's not talk about them."

"John," Jannet spoke after a moment. Deep down she knew no matter how hard she tried, John's heart would never belong to her. "You're over Metilda, right?"

                John met her scared stare. "Of-course, I am."  He stood up, straightening his long, grey coat. Jannet was about to lean down and kiss him but he quickly uttered the first thing that came to his mind. "I've got to go. I'll do some more investigation on the case."

                "Okay, be careful."

John didn't know why he hadn't told Jannet about the twelve kiss deal. John didn't know why he was lying to Jannet. Once he was outside the police department building, he took a deep breath to calm his agitated nerves. "What the heck is wrong with me?"

❁❁❁

"I'm hurting, baby, I'm broken down. I need your loving, loving" Metilda sang along the radio, her hips swaying with the beat as she whisked the cold butter. She was so engrossed in making the pancake batter and jamming out to Maroon 5 that she didn't notice the opening and closing of the front door.        

               "Sugar. Yes, please. Won't you come and put it down on me? I'm right here, 'cause I need. Little love and little sympathy"

                Noticing the commotion coming from the kitchen, John walked into the dining area. To his great surprise, he found his wife, dancing and twirling around. Dressed in a floral chiffon top and capris, her curves flowed under the nearly transparent top.

                Was it the heat? Or was this room getting hotter? John loosened his tie. God, when did his wife become so damn hot. Had she started working out or something?

                He removed his coat. A droplet of sweat trickled past his brow. This was going to be a-lot harder. Especially, when his wife was so irresistible.   

                The soles of his shoes clicked on the tiled floors. Metilda turned around suddenly, her breaths caught in throat. Her honey spilling eyes widened. The hungry look in John's eyes. Damn.

                He slipped his hand around her waist. Metilda's arms tightened around the bowl, holding it between them. "What are you doing?" She spoke sharply.

                John blinked, once, twice. "What?" His breath smelled like tea and peppermint.

"What are you doing?" She repeated, removing herself from his grasp.

                "Um... there was...some batter on your face." John brushed a finger along her jaw.

"I've been cooking for ten years."

                John backed away, holding up his hands. "I was just doing what the deal required me to do,"

"Not now, later. In-front of our son. Don't make me repeat that."

                He nodded.  He couldn't wait to kiss those ruby lips. When John realized what he had just thought, he shook his head violently, his pulse rising.

                What the hell did he just think?

"I'll come home early," John quickly went to living room and grabbed his coat from the rack.

                "Wait, what?" Metilda came after him. He wished she hadn't. His body was reacting in ways he thought he had forgotten. Oh, those curves, those eyes, those lips. He couldn't stop staring at them.

                "I got to go."

"But you just got here. We have to go pick Louis from school."

                John wanted to get out of here as fast as he could. "I'll be there for dinner."

He slammed the door in her face, leaving Metilda stunned and frazzled. "Did I do something wrong?"

.

.

.

.

                Note: Who feels the 'love' in the air? John certainly does. ;). More fun stuff coming up. Since this is a short-story, the plot will move at a faster pace.