☁︎ғɪᴠᴇ☁︎

◤◢◣◤◢◣sᴏᴏɴᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ◢◣◤◢◣◤

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

┊       ┊             ┊       ┊

┊       ┊       ☆       ┊        ┊

┊        ☆                  ☆           ┊

★                                              ★

The days seemed to go by as if the world wanted the days to go by fast, as if - it wanted something interesting to happen in your life. Not just going to the same three places you go to; that being, your apartment room, your workplace, and your school. The times you did actually go out was with your entire family, and only them. You never really had the courage to ask someone to hang out with you, when you actually did they would look the other way. Today was actually a special day that comes around once a year. It wasn't your own birthday, nor your brothers, It was in fact your mom's birthday.

She would've turned forty today, the big Four and Zero. Your dad was just two years older than your mom, and his birthday was just in five months. You had saved up for this day to get a cake at downtowns bakery, they had the best cakes, muffins, pastries, cookies, bread. Your mom and dad would always pick up a cake if it was either your own or your brothers birthday. It just feels right to continue getting cake from there to celebrate ones birthday, buying one cake by itself was expensive, having to buy any other thing in there was too much to make you blink serval times making sure your eyes weren't playing tricks on you. You didn't mind if you were short on money for food as you didn't eat as much anyway.

Thankfully, you didn't have any classes to attend today, and you already completed your half shift you had for today. Looking forward to something sure makes the day go by slower. It was an hour walk from the deli cafe to the downtown bakery.

You even had on your good shoes for walking long distances, from point A to point B. Although, your feet were aching regardless.

Once you finally made it at the doorway, you didn't waste no time by letting yourself in. "[Y/N]! good to see you this year!" You smiled making your way to the front desk. "To you as well Mr, Kimoto." He chuckled getting out of the counter bringing you into a hug. "Look at you, so beautiful." You returned the hug giggling. It wasn't like he could see you everyday, it was always once a year, he would always and only see you when it's your mom's and dad's birthday. He pulled away having his hands placed on your shoulders. "Have you heard from Naoki?" You shook your head sighing. "I haven't heard from him for three months now, Everytime I try to call him it always goes go voicemail." He sighed heavily shaking his head bringing back his hands scratching his head. "That's why, I'm planning to head over to where he's at when I'm on summer break." He nodded gesturing for you to come closer to the counter as he still had a business to run, he went behind the counter again being all ears. "When does your summer break start?" You hummed squinting your eyes trying to remember not the exact date, but around the date it begins. "I'd say... In about another two to three weeks." He nodded having his hands on the counter seeing how you all of a sudden went quiet. He eyed your expression carefully, a part of you wonders if he still cares for you. Every two days in one week he would give you a call to see how you were doing, you weren't gonna lie to yourself or to anyone if they ask about your brother. You were sad, feeling lonely that the one person who would check up on you, to lift your spirits when they were the lowest of the low. Another thing had hit you, there was really no one else in this world to worry or ask you about your day.