Chapter 11: Iban Returns

The shout vibrated throughout my fingertips, and Drac and I both turned to look to our left, towards the sound. I watched in my peripheral vision as Romand quickly grabbed Caiden and dragged him away and out of sight as more cries sounded out towards the direction the first one came from.

"It's a demon!"

Drac and I made eye contact as people flew all around us, shouts of panic and fear rising up as mages started to come together to protect the people. Drac and I rushed towards the noise where the demon was the loudest, finally coming to our senses and getting ready for a fight. Luckily, it wasn't far as we pushed our way through the crowd of people dashing away from the scene.

There, we found a demon, he was in the form of a black wolf, but was much bigger than a one-story home. It had bright orange eyes that twinkled in the afternoon light and curling horns that rested behind his wolf ears. His mouth already dripped with the few victims he had unfortunately caught, and I watched as his massive claw came up and mashed down below him, sending debris and rubble flying all over.

"Alan," Drac murmured, thumping his fist together and sending his knuckles into a flurry of popping noises. I glanced at him and watched as his aura surrounded his fist, a green neon, the same color as his horns. "Don't die."

Then I watched as he flung forward and started pounded into the wolf. For someone who was so massive, he was surprisingly light on his feet. He danced around the creature, catching it's attention whenever he could to steer it away from the citizens who unfortunately had to find their way around the massive beast. His neon green glowing fist, once making contact with the creature, would send a shockwave throughout it's body, causing its furry material to ripple and cries to burst from it's mouth. 

I took a deep breath and let my own mana flow throughout my body, tingling the tips of my fingers and curling my toes. I heard fights behind me and knew that there were more demons that had spawned, but because I could only do one thing at a time, I focused on the giant wolf before me. My mana was a lilac/pinkish color which shone bright even during the daytime, causing me to stand out like a beacon and catch the wolf's attention 

Without wasting any time, I manipulated my mana into the form of a whip and sprung it forward, so it wrapped around the front leg of the wolf. I then wrapped the whip around my right hand and yanked backwards with a grunt. The wolf cried out and kneeled down for just a moment, allowing Drac to race forward and put all his aura into his right fist before punching the wolf on top of the head. The wolf, yelped, but otherwise didn't care, and instead whipped around to try and nip at Drac and he retreated. Drac frowned slightly and mumbled something, and I watched as his familiar, an iguana, spawned on his head, nestling in his hair. I watched as his aura grew stronger and his familiar worked with him, bringing him more energy and power to defeat the opponent before him.

I brought out my whip, getting ready to attack once more when I spotted something familiar on the left side. I turned to it quickly and made eye contact with Iban, someone who I hadn't seen in what felt like months, sitting calmly on the fountain that stood in the middle of the square. Just beyond him, I saw another group of mages fighting, but their struggles were the least of my worries as Iban stood up with a flourished and darted off, away from the demons and towards someone off in the distance.

As if compelled by his gaze, I found myself following him quickly. I ignored Drac, who called after me, and the mages who called my name, instead opting to follow behind Iban. Iban was quick, as he wove his away through streets and vendors, past people and mages alike until we wandered off into a secluded area, where people no longer were.

"Iban!" I called, still barely keeping up. "Where are you–" before I could finish, as I turned the corner, I came face to face with four demons. They were in the form of goblin like creatures, and they all stood around a figure who had his sword drawn. Without thinking, I brought my whip forward wrapped it around the four goblins, getting ready to send them flying. However, before anything could happy, the goblins all looked at me and in unison, disappeared, sending black smoke rising up into the air. I froze, confused on what had just happened before turning towards the figure who I just saved.

I stopped in my tracks as I made eye contact with King Caiden. 

~~~~

Hello! Saph here! I hope you are all doing great! I'm sorry for the shorter chapter, I'm currently working on the next one and hope it get it up once it's ready! I hope you all are doing fantastic and staying safe. 

As always, let me know how you feel about this chapter or if there is anything that needs work. Otherwise, I'll see you next time! Bye bye!