𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒐𝒕

I know that the improv bits are a bit different than in the show but just roll with it

~~~~~

"Wait, what? How could they give you a D for that?" Jade asks me in a mad tone. She's my best friend here at Hollywood Arts and right now we're talking about how my singing teacher gave me a D on my rendition of Stone Cold by Demi Lovato.

We walk into Sikowitz' classroom to find my boyfriend, Beck, with a girl rubbing his t-shirt. I raise my eyebrows to Jade, whose face is really mad at the scene before us.

"Why are you rubbing my best friend's boyfriend?" Jade asks the girl as we cross our arms. Beck opens his mouth but shuts it as I glare at him.

"Of course it's you. Jade, meet Tori, my twin. Beck, you've already met clearly," I scoff. The girl just turned round to reveal my twin sister, Tori. We simply don't get on at all, there's no reason for those just don't, and Beck and Jade know about this. Jade rolls her eyes at her as we walk over to our signature seats at the back of the room. Jade takes the one on the right end and I push two together to make a lounger for me and Beck.

"FIRE! FIRE!" Sikowitz screams, running into the room and Jade starts to get up while Beck grabs my arm in a hurry with panicked looks on their faces but I just pull them down and wait for him to reveal that he was lying to them. "Got ya! Got ya all, except one. Emily. Alright! Rumps in chairs!" He calls out before crouching before my chair in a squat. "Emilia" He says in a calm tone and my eyes start to glare at him.

"It's Emily." I tell him with gritted teeth as I cross my arms and legs. I lean back into my chair, which Beck has placed one of his arms loosely round, and he starts rubbing comforting circles on my shoulder which calm me down almost immediately.

"So, Emilia," I growl at him which makes Beck and Jade laugh while the rest of the class look at us to see what the commotion is about, " How was your singing test?" He asks me. I laugh bitterly as Jade reveals my grade to him and he gasps in shock. I nod at him, as he starts to talk about improv. On our first day two years ago, he asked all of us whether we knew what it was which confused me. What kind of person would go to an arts school without knowing that? "Tori, do you know what improv is?" He asks her, turning away from me finally. She shakes her head. That kind of person. He gives us a crash course on it quickly before telling Jade to pick her team for the exercise. She selects me, Beck, Cat, a boy called Eli, and Tori. I look at her confused when she calls the last name but she simply winks at me once she's cast us at home and told my sister to go wait in the hallway.

Beck leads me over to a chair on the stage and we start ignoring everyone while we kiss. I'm pretty sure Sikowitz tries to stop us and Cat asks me something but Jade tells them that it's fine cos we're playing the older sister and her boyfriend. Thank you Jade, for your amazing casting, no sarcasm intended. We pull apart when someone shrieks and I see Jade holding an empty coffee cup over Tori, who is drenched in black coffee. I start laughing and Beck looks at me with raised eyebrows but I can't stop and soon Jade joins me and I even see a small smirk on my boyfriend's face.

~~~~~

"Tori! You're back! Have you ever thought about coming on through the window?" Sikowitz asks my sister, who just walked in

"Yes" I tell him as Tori says the opposite. We're doing alphabetical improv today and I'm really looking forward to it. Me and Jade do this sometimes to try and see if people notice and they usually do, when we run out of logical things to say and start telling each other that blue trees are yummy and that catfish should have magenta tails and tabby fur all the time. My brown and pink streaked hair is tied in a messy ponytail as I sit with Beck's arm round my waist while my back is against his chest and my feet are on Jade's lap.

I raise my hand to be the captain of the improv group but Tori gets chosen cause she's new. And she even has the audacity to pick my best friend and boyfriend while leaving me alone. Yep, she chose Beck. Whatever she has up her sleeve is not good.

"You okay?" Jade whispers in my ear when they part. I know my eyes are watery because I can feel the tears coming up and Beck turning towards me with a sorry expression on his face as well as the rest of the class, including Sikowitz, looking at me apologetically.

"Yeah. I'm staying at yours again tonight," I tell her before grabbing my bag and walking out of the classroom towards the dance studio. I need a big sister talk.

~~~~~

"Oh Emmy, I am so sorry. Tori can be a gank sometimes," Trina says as she envelopes me in a hug. She's the only one I let call me Emmy, ever since we were little. Dad and mom call me princess, Jade sis, Beck calls me babe. But not Trina, no Trina calls me Emmy. I nod and sniffle into her chest as we sit on the dance studio floor. She can sure be selfish sometimes but she really is the best big sister. Sure, I'm feisty for my tiny size and height but I have other feelings than anger and jealousy and I should be allowed to express those once in a while.

I pull away and get up, knowing Jade should be out of class by now and we can head to hers now. Life would be so much easier if I was a West. I really don't want to talk to my boyfriend right now.