Philzas Past, Our Poet (1)

⚠️Trigger Warnings⚠️

mentions of abuse, yelling/shouting

(This chapter is just a random woman btw, by it isn't who you think it is, don't worry it is just a rando meanie :])

~~~

Hybrid AU

Philzas POV (3rd person)

Phil was only 24 at the time, and he already has a child at the age of 5, Wilbur Soot.

As soon as he was born, his lover was complaining. A lot.
Complaining about how loud Wilbur cries, how Wilbur is stubborn, how he's so hard-headed, how he adored music yet plays it terribly and so much more.
Yet she never complimented Wilbur. Never.

And Philza took that personally.

This then grew arguments between Phil and her.
It was only a few insults at first, then distancing from each other.

And then soon enough, they forgive and forget.

But after months, it grew to heated arguments, to yelling at each other, to the point where Phil had to hide Wilbur for his safety.

Phil just wished to have a happy family, but fate seemed to give the opposite.
"Wilbur will not, and I repeat will not attend that stupid MUSIC audition!"
The woman yelled at Phil. Emphasizing the word music.

Yet again another argument with his supposed "lover".

"Love, just let him do what he wants. It won't impact us won't it?"

"It will! We are wasting our time and money on something that won't even be at use at all!"
She glared at Phil, her eyes trying to look for Wilbur.

Phil wanted to stay calm, that's his whole personality. Calm and collected. However, she's getting onto his nerves.

He stayed silent for a moment, she thought she had won the argument and gave a cocky smile.
"Now then. Where's Wilbur?"

Phil didn't respond. He didn't want to. He knew she will hurt him, she always did.

"I have no clue."

"I know you hid him. Now show me where he is now. Phil." She demanded. She was highly impatient now, but Phil had lost his patience by now.

Phil sighed. "He's asleep. And we should be too."

"Don't you dare lie-"

Phil gripped the woman's wrist and twisted it, she screamed in pain.
"PHIL-"

"Let's go. Now."
Phil lets go of her in disgust, he then spreads out his wings, nearly breaking glasses or anything that got in his way.
Phil began to walk away, however going up the stairs quietly to not startle Wilbur.

He opened the door of Wilburs room, he stayed there peacefully sleeping.

A smile crept along his face but heard the steps of her.
Phil quietly closed the door and opened his wings again as a shield for the both of them.

She, however, strode past him, giving a final glare before slamming the door to her bedroom.

Phil has had enough.

He walked to his room, they all had separate rooms but thank god he is just in front of Wilburs.
Phil looked at his duffle bag that was placed on his bed.

His room was neat, all that mattered to him was his trident that also lasted atop the bed beside it.
He closed the door and took his bucket hat that hung there, putting it on.
This night. This night he had to do it.

He watched the clock tick away, midnight. He will go at midnight. He and Wilbur will escape.

Phil took the bag and opened his door.

Silence.

He walked to Wilbur's door and opened it.

Wilbur was still asleep, but now holding on to his pink, pig-stuffed animal. Dave.
Phil had made a commission for it, from an afar land he had traveled before.

He gently picked up Wilbur, him moving but immediately getting comfortable in Phils' arms.

Phil then attached the trident to his back and held the bag and Wilbur.
He went back out and went down the stairs. Phil was honestly quite happy to leave and does not feel any guilt about doing so.

Phil double-checked the windows, the doors, and the locks before exiting the house.

He began to spread his wings, hoping to find a new place to live.

But Phil stayed still for a moment, hesitant.
He almost forgot something.

~~~

Phil and Wilbur had been gone for 27 days, and they finally found a good enough..ish home.

"Father! Look, look!"
Wilbur ran towards him, Phil smiled fondly and stopped on what he was doing. Wilbur was clutching Dave in his arms, cuddling it while jumping around excitingly.

Wilbur had something following his trail, Phil immediately took out a trident.

Wilbur gave a confused glance at Phil.
The figure came, and it was a...blue sheep?

"..I.."
Phil didn't know how to respond, it's a blue sheep. Quite rare, plus he has never seen one, gotta put that in his adventure diary.

"Father! It's so cute innit!"
Wilbur was prancing around the sheep, Phil felt bad for the poor fella as it looked confused.

"Awwwww..so is it your friend?"
Phil asked, kneeling to be about Wilburs height.

Wilbur gasps out of joy, he immediately hugged the blue sheep. "Friend!!"

"Oh..?"

"His name is friend now!"
Wilbur was hugging the blue sheep, who didn't seem to mind it at all. Kinda pog.

"Father! Can we keep him? Please please please-?!"

"No Wil, we need to finish building aight?"

"But-!"

"Wil, I'm sure Friend will visit from time to time."

Wilbur pouted and looked at Friend, expecting him to give them eyes to Phil.
Instead, the sheep gave a simple 'baa' and trotted away.

"Friend!"
Wilbur chased after the sheep, calling his name yet giggling at the same time.

Phil laughed and continued what he was doing before, improving their house.

Phil already fixed the inside, kind of.

He's just trying to trim away the bush that covered the window to peek out.

He gave one last look to Wilbur, who was singing to Friend and Dave.

God, he loves his son.