Chapter 9

In a Hexside classroom, in which is the Human Appreciation Society. Various human items, incorrectly labeled, are on a desk. Among them is a cheese grater labeled "nail clippers," a bag of chips closed with a flip phone labeled "whoopie cushion," an upside-down umbrella hat filled with leaves labeled "food bowl," a Rubik's Cube labeled "weapon?", and a paper clip labeled "pay-per-clorp." Gus the president of the club picks up the paperclip and holds it up to his face with a little smile on his face.

Gus: "Behold. The wonders of the human realm. This little fella's one of their most valued objects. It aids in the compiling of printed wisdom, the scratching of gunk from under your nails, and my favorite... It even mimics the sounds of the human ocean."

He said while flicking the paperclip making a "twang" sound every time.

Gus: "Aah! The human realm. So beautiful."

 He walks over to the chalkboard that has a banner going across it saying "Human Appreciation Society" there were also many different papers all over the board.

Gus: "It's safe to say that the pay‐per‐clorp is a stunning testament to human ingenuity. Any questions?"

He turns around to the other members to see most of them bored or asleep. Eileen was trying to keep her eye open, Bo looked like she was in a different world, a Bard Track Student #1 was asleep with drool coming out his mouth, and Mattholomule looks thoroughly bored. He then raises his hand to ask a question.

Gus: "Ah! Our newest member: Mattholomule."

Mattholomule: " A‐Augustus, is this what the president of the Human Appreciation Society thinks passes as "Human Artifacts"? Cause these are a joke."

He said before walking up in front of everyone before pushing, Gus's human artifacts out the way. Gus rushes over to the table and grabs his stuff before it could fall off the table, Mattholomule then raises a bag filled with his "human artifacts".

Mattholomule: "Because at my old school, we had real treasures."

Mattholomule empties his bag onto the desk, dumping out a rock painted to look like a cell phone, an egg with a skull painted on it, and a shoe made out of mud, leaves, and twigs. They're labeled "cellular phone," "human skull," and "sports footwear" respectively. The other members of the club gasp and lean closer to them. If Y/n or Luz was here they would be able to tell them they were all fake, well after Y/n laughs himself to death he would tell them they're fake.

Bo: "So real."

She said looking at the egg with a skull painted on it. The others lean forward to get a better look at Mattholomule's "human artifacts"

Bard Track Student #1: "Wow!"

Bo: "I‐‐ I wanna touch them."

She said to Mattholomule and with a cocky smile on his face he makes them putty in his hands.

Mattholomule: " Go ahead. In my club, we didn't have any dumb rules."

He pointed to the list of rules on the chalkboard with his thumb, and Gus who was putting up his stuff gasped at what Mattholomule said. Gus turned to the rule list and pet it softly before whispering something to it.

Gus: "Shh. He didn't mean that."

Gus glares at everyone touching Mattholomule's objects, then takes them away. The others didn't like that very much, and when Gus put down the "Sports Footwear" it fell apart leaving a pile of leaves and mud on the table.

Gus: "Well, this isn't your club. Thankfully."

Mattholomule: "Exactly, who thinks I should be president?"