Chapter 12

In the living room. Luz is reading a pamphlet about Hexside, labeled "Hexside Facts and Trivia." It has a picture of Principal Bump on the back and his quote, "Education is the real magic." King was lying on her stomach, petting him with one hand, and Y/n was also sitting on the couch where Luz had her feet resting on his lap. Unlike her, he was working on his journal drawing Azula, and Garaga, while there seemed to be a page ripped out. Oney a corner but was left saying "Halfa- Biol-" was left on the torn page.

Luz: "Y/n, listen to this!"

She said excitedly, and Y/n stopped drawing and closed his journal, placing it beside him. The two would officially be starting Hexside soon, and Luz was beyond with joy one step closer to becoming a witch like Azura.

King: "Hey! Less ready, more scratchy!"

He whined, not his head-scratching was done, and Y/n laughed as Luz sat up, showing Y/n and King the pamphlet.

Luz: "Sorry! Now that I'll be a student at Hexside, I want to learn all about it! I've got a new crush, and her name is Education!"

Y/n: "New crush, should I be jealous?"

He asked her, and Luz blew a raspberry at him, then only made Y/n stick his tongue at Luz before the two started laughing. King, not liking to have attention, jumped up, bit a piece of the pamphlet, and chewed it before spitting it out on the floor. Eda then kicks open the front door, poking her head in with a smile.

Eda: "Hey, freeloaders! Guess what today is?"

Luz: "Is it your birthday?!"

King: "Is it my birthday?"

Y/n: "Mine's next month, so it can't be my birthday."

They all said, and Hooty then went to say it was his birthday, but Eda kicked the door close. Then she tossed the portal entrance, and Y/n watched as Owlbert struggled to fly through the door dragging a big trash bag.

Eda: "It's human trash day!"

Y/n: "And you wonder why I say you smell."

He said, and Luz laughed. Eda grabbed something random before throwing it at her two appearances; it was a cowboy hat that Y/n put on.

Luz: "Howdy there, partner."

Y/n: "Howdy..."

Tipping his hat to Luz, King finally poked out of the pile of garbage, holding a teddy bear.

King: " Yes! Another worthy addition to my army of terror!"

Grabbing something that felt like a shoe, he pulled it out, seeing what it was. Luckily it was a shoe; bad luck, it wasn't the right size, and Y/n sighed before tossing it back into the pile of garbage. Eda looks over at Luz, seeing her still reading the pamphlet, which makes her groan.

Eda: "Yo, kid. Your trash pile's getting cold while mine's getting hot! I have never seen such an elegant earring."

Y/n raised a brow seeing that Eda was holding a clothes hanger, not a pair of earrings, and just kept his mouth shut. Luz was more focused on learning about Hexside and how the school was built on the bones of its rival school. One it conquered showed a picture of a much younger Principal Bump standing on various rival students, being cheered on by fellow Hexside students. The school burns behind them.

Y/n: "Hardcore, can't wait to go to Hexside."

Eda: "You say that now until the first day when I went there. It was the most harrowing period of my life."

She was now wearing two clothing hangars as earrings, and looking in a mirror, Eda smiled, seeing her reflection letting out a little growl.

Luz: "Can you imagine it! In the halls of Hexside, I am studying with Willow and Gus and maybe even Amity! Amity! Oh, cramity! We're supposed to meet so I can get my Azura book back!"