Chapter four: Cory And Rose

ROSALIE POV:

(Time skip a month)

*First Date* October 5th 2016:

"Rose! Rose!" Cory half shouts as he jogs down the hall to me at my locker. I lean up against it and quickly fix my hair. We've been flirting back and forth recently, Missy and Shannon keep on saying how they ship us together.

"Oh, hey Cory," I greet with a smile on my face as he reaches me.

"Hi, so do you want to go out with me later tonight?" He asks confidently, my smile gets even wider.

"I'd love to Cory, where are we going!" I answer without hesitation.

"Well, you keep banging on about how you want to see that new Beauty and the Beast movie so I thought I'd take you to see that," he replies and scratches the back of his neck.

"Oh Cory, I'd love to, but you hate Disney," I sigh.

"Well, you're defo worth it," he says with a small smile. I smile and stand on my tiptoes to kiss his cheekbone.

"Good, so I'll pick you up at six, dress nice but not fancy like," he states.

"I'll be waiting," I sing as I walk away confidently. When I round the corner, I make sure he's not following me, when he's not, I squeal and run the rest of the way down to the yard to find Missy and Shannon. They see me giddily running up to them and shoot me confused looks.

"Guess what, Cory finally asked me out!" I squeal.

"About time in all, you already act like a couple anyways. Ya can tell he proper likes ya compared to the rest of the girls he's been with," Missy rambles.

"Hey, we don't act like a couple. It's not like we kiss or anything," I huff. Well, we have kissed but we were at a party, drinking.

"Yeah, but from that pout, we can tell you want to. Besides, he always kisses your cheek or forehead when one of yous leave and you sit on his lap and play with his fingers that he has on ya knee. Defo acting like a proper couple," Missy replies. I go to say something to defend myself even though it's all true, but Shannon beats me to it.

"There's no point denying it Rose, you do. Now where's he taking ya, better not just be to the Wreck and back?" Shannon asks me.

"Nah, he's taking me to the cinema to see Beauty and the Beast after I've been banging on to him about it, trying to drop him some hints," I answer, they look at each other with wide eyes before turning back to me.

"He proper likes ya!" They exclaim in unison then we all burst out giggling.

"So, are you going to come and help me get ready or what?" I ask them, they squeal in response. They grab our bags and we waltz out of the school gates, it's the end of the day anyway.

"So I'm thinking, straighten my hair, natural but glowing make up and a nice and trendy outfit," I explain, they nod in agreement. We finally reach my house and go straight inside, they've been here before so they're used to it and know their way around.

"Mum!" I call once we've stepped inside.

"Yes Sweetheart," she replies as she comes into the hallway.

"It's operation get Rose ready for her date with Cory, Nikki," Missy informs her before I can get a word in. Mum smiles, squeals and jumps up and down.

"Oh. My. Gosh. It took him long enough to ask you. Where's he taking you? What're you going to wear? Give me all of the details!" She beams, my Mum is practically a sixteen year old trapped in a forty year old body.