Chapter five: Ackley Bridge College

ROSALIE'S POV:

"Education is what remains, when one has forgotten what one has learnt in school," Missy drunkenly slurs.

"Didn't Miss Keane tell us that last year?" I laugh.

"Yeah, I think she said it to inspire us, didn't half make me think that we were wasting our time though," Missy nods along.

"No, ya teachers not the one who said that," Nas interjects. Missy and I look at each other confused.

"No?" We ask in unison.

"No. Albert Einstein, he's the one who said that," Nas exclaims and snaps her fingers, proud of her memory.

"Well it were Miss Keane who said it to us," I say and point my finger between Missy and me. I'm sat in between the two girls on the manky sofa on top of the skip. Missy starts laughing.

"So, are yous looking forward to tomorrow?" Nas asks.

"I am actually," I answer without hesitation. I finally get to go to school with Riz. My Aunt Mandy is the Headmistress of our new school so I asked her to put me in the same form as him, Cory, Missy, Shannon, Nas and even Alya even though we're in Sixth Form. Missy won't be there though, she's got to retake Year Eleven because she had to drop out last year due to her Mum.

"Yeah, I kind of am," Missy thinks out loud. Nas and I look at each other and laugh, the Missy Booth had never looked forward to a school day in her life.

"Are you both drunk?" Nas asks, she's the only one hundred percent sober one of the three of us.

"A little tipsy,"

"Yeah, I suppose so. I might be sick,"

"That way Babe," I say and point of the side of the sofa that she's leaning on. She laughs and takes another gulp of cider. My phone vibrates, I pick it up to see that I have a message from Matthew.

MATTHEW 💙: I'm @ the end of the road and see u 3 on the skip, come get in the car xx

I look up to see that Matthew's BMW is at the end of the road.

"Right girls, I'm calling it a night. Matty is waiting for me," I announce and jump down from the skip.

"Fit Matthew is here? I think I should go say hi," Missy says as she follows me down to my Brother's car, I got my own this summer, it's the same as Matthew's actually. I roll my eyes as we get to the car.

"Alright Matthew," Missy flirts, I roll my eyes again and climb into the passenger seat. Missy has a huge crush on him, but my Adam has his eyes set on her, well he is a player so I'd say it would never be long term.

"Alright Missy, I've got to get our Rose back now, have a good day tomorrow girls," Matthew says as he drives away.

(Time Skip to the next morning)

I pull up in the car park and check my phone which pinged on the way here, it's message from Cory.

CORY ❤️: Morning beautiful x

My heart flutters but I don't give him a proper heart felt response, we not together right now but we're not not together either, we've been on and off again for months.

ME: Morning x

I close my phone and shove it in my pocket before applying red lipstick on my lips, getting out of my car and climbing over the wall to meet with Missy and Nas, they greet me warmly and Missy loops her arm through mine. We see a young looking teacher get out of a pretty flash car.