Chapter 30

The sea was quite calm as the three set out for the day. For now, Damian was in control of the boat leading them out further onto the sea. Before they left Delia had pondered standing at the edge of the boat, but once the water started splashing up she quickly moved into the cabin, safe and away from the water. 

Gabriel on the other hand stood outside the cabin, his eyes closed as the salty air whipped around him. Delia observed him for a moment, still a little confused as to his presence. In general, the man fascinated her, from his sudden appearance in her life to the accent she just couldn't place. Almost as if he felt her staring at him Gabriel turned to look at her. Their eyes locked for a moment, with those bright green ones staring back at her before he quickly looked away. 

"He caught you staring didn't he?" Damian said with a soft chuckle, "Did you too already plan a second date? Or is this it and am I just third-wheeling?" 

"I would hardly call that staring." Delia said with a huff, "And no, this is to a date nor would there be a second one, I would hardly say there was a first." 

"Ah, so it could be counted as a first." Damian retorted. 

Delia was about to open her mouth when the door to the cabin swung open, "I hope I'm not interrupting." Gabriel said, as he stepped into the cabin, "But I think we might be expecting some rain, so perhaps we should start with the measurements asap." 

Both Damian and Delia moved closer to the glass, and noticed the dark looming clouds that were moving in. "That's not looking too good..." Damian said with a worried expression, "You're right, we should get started, this spot will have to do. Gabriel can you take over, then I'll start getting the equipment ready." 

Gabriel nodded and moved to take Damian's place as the latter moved out of the cabin. 

"Should I help?" Delia asked Damian. 

"Not yet." Damian said closing the cabin door behind him. 

"I hope we're done before it starts raining." Gabriel said looking up at the sky. 

"I..." Delia said, still focussed on Damian, "I... I mean I'm sorry, I zoned out for moment, what where you saying?" 

Gabriel chuckled, "I said, I hope we're done before it starts raining."

"Oh, yeah." Delia replied, "I hope so too."

"It would be a shame if we got wet, don't you think?" He added. 

At that Delia looked up at him as he flashed her a cheeky smile. 

"Yes... Yes it would." She replied, eyeing him carefully. 'Did he know?'

It was then that Damian called out to the two of them, requesting for help. The next hour or so they spend aiding him with thee various tasks at hand. At one point the three of them were just sitting and waiting, waiting for the measurements to  finish. 

Damian sat, right next to his laptop, focussed on whatever was happening on the screen and Delia stood over at the front of the boat, leaning on the railing and staring out onto the sea. "Carefull, we don't want you falling into the water." Gabriel said walking up behind her. 

"I won't." Delia said turning to face him, "I was just admiring the view." 

"So was I," He said moving to stand next to her, "The sea is mesmerizing isn't it?"

"It is." Delia said nodding.

"You know I think we might still be here for a while, we could go for a swim." Gabriel suggested, his eyes still on the water. 

"A swim?" Delia replied, looking at him incrediously, "Right now?"

"Yeah, I mean why not?" He replied, "We've got the time, we've water." He motioned. 

Delia chuckled, "Ah, damn it I forgot to bring my bikini." She added sarcastically, "But you can go in without me if you want too." 

Gabriel chuckled, "Nah, I think I'll pass, it would be very boring by myself." 

"Hey lovebirds!" Damian shouted, "Stop flirting and come over here and help me!" 

"We're not flirting!" Delia yelled back walking over to him, "Now what do we need to help you with?" 

"One of the camera's is stuck..." Damian said pointing at his screen. "At it's turned itself off, I turned to pull it back to the surface, but it won't budge." 

"And what do you need us to do?" Gabriel said crossing his arms. 

"Well..." Damian said looking out at the sea. "I need someone to go into the water and pull it out."

"What?" Delia exclaimed, her brows furrowing and her mind thinking quick, "But you don't even have diving gear." She managed to add. 

"It's not that deep in the water." Damian said pointing to another camera feed right next to it. "If one of you just dives down and grabs it we'll be fine." 

"Why one of us?" Delia added, "Why can't you do it?" 

"Well someone has to stay up here and monitor the rest of the equipment." He replied, "Unless one of you can do that, I need to stay up here." 

Delia was about to protest when Gabriel interrupted, "I'll do it." He said staring out onto the sea before turning back to Damian, "Which one is it?"

"It's number three." Damian replied, pointing to the screen, "Here you can see it." 

Gabriel nodded as he started taking his clothes off. Immediately Delia looked away, tucking a stray piece of hair behind her ear as her cheeks burned ever so slightly. 

"Wow dude you really work out don't ya?" Damian said, "You were just looking for a reason to take your shirt of weren't ya?" He added jokingly. 

Gabriel chuckled shaking his head before moving to the edge of the boat. "I'll be right back." He said as he simply jumped over the edge, splasing right into the water. 

Delia stood rooted in her spot,  staring at the place where Gabriel jumped over the edge just seconds ago. 

"Alright, let's see if we can spot him." Damian added, staring at his screen intently. Delia moved to stand behind him and look at the screen. For a moment she just saw the murky depths of the sea, nothing more. But then something in the corner of the screen moved, something bright green. At that Delia's eyes went wide as she stared at the screen intently, trying to see if she saw what she thought she saw. Before she could see anything however, the screen went black...