Chapter 6

It wasn't until her next shift at the Aquarium that Delia would run into Damian again. As she walked into the locker room the next Friday he approached her. 

"Alright, I guess I owe you an apology." He said as she put her bag and jacket into her locker. 

"What do you mean?" She replied confused. 

"Well since you were so adamant that you saw something, I checked the cameras. It took a little convincing of the security crew, but there really was something out there. Though I couldn't really see what it was, it was large enough to seem human." 

At that Delia turned around to face him, "What?"

"You were right, there was something in the water." 

"I guess it might have been to dark for me to really see what was out there..." She mumbled.

"I can show the footage?" Damian said crossing his arms and leaning against the wall. 

Delia nodded, "Yeah that might be a good idea." 

Throughout the building and on the outside of the building they had cameras. Some were for security purposes, whilst others were there to keep track of the animals. So as they walked to the security office, Delia started to wonder what camera had caught this thing. 

When they reached the office Damian knocked on the door, greeting the security guard as they walked in. 

"I've got the footage right here." The guard said pointing to a tv monitor behind him, "Just press play." 

Damian nodded and replied with a thank you as they walked over to it. 

Grabbing the remote Delia pressed play as she watched the screen intently. The camera in question was located on the side of the building above the 'View into the Ocean' exhibit. Giving them an above view of the water. 

First, nothing really happened, but then a dark shape started to appear in the water. It was unclear what it exactly was, but it was larger than the average fish. Despite the fact that they couldn't see much more than the size, it was clear that this thing could have been human-sized. 

"There," Damian said, causing Delia to pause the video. "There is the thing that you saw." He pointed at the dark shape. 

"I think it is." Delia said nodding as she unpaused the video. For a moment the shape stayed in the same location. Then suddenly a door opened and Delia appeared, jumping into the water right next to the dark shape.

"But the thing is, I can't think of any fish that size that would be in such shallow waters." Damian added, "So I truly don't know what you saw." 

"I really thought that I saw a man." Delia said, "That was until I jumped into the water and I saw something green move away."

"Something green?" Damian said furrowing his brows, "Well that doesn't really help either.

"Are there any other cameras that have a view of this area?" Delia asked, turning towards the security man. 

He shook his head, "No ma'am, this is the only one with a clear shot of that location. There is a view underwater camera's near the exhibit, but for some reason, those aren't operational yet."

"Why not?" Damian asked.

"Well, first we thought there were some technical issues." He said getting up from his seat, "That they weren't connected right or something like that. But then after a few more tests, someone went out there to check on them." He walked over to the cabinet on his right and started rummaging through it. "This," He said in a strained voice as he grabbed a heavy box, "Is all they found of them." 

He placed the box on the table in front of them. Both Delia and Damian stood up to be able to see in the box. In there lay the remnants of what at some point would have been the outside cameras. 

"All four smashed to bits." The guard said, "We don't know how it happened yet, but we're still waiting for the new ones." 

"Could people have done this?" Damian asked, still staring at the box. 

The guard shook his head, "I doubt it, you'd have to dive pretty deep and know where they are to find them." 

"Weird, really weird," Delia said worry etched in her face. 

As the Delia and Damian started making their way to their tasks Damian turned to her, "So do you also have a feeling that the broken cameras are, in a way related to the thing?"

Delia nodded, looking straight ahead, "Yeah and I don't like that feeling. Nor do I like the idea that I was in the water with that thing..." 

For the rest of her shift, Delia tried to actively avoid going near the new exhibition. The entire ordeal kind of made her skin crawl and right now she just wished she could go home. 

Right before she was about to leave she ran into Damian once more. "So are you still joining me tomorrow?" He asked. 

"Tomorrow?" She said slightly confused.

"Cause I'm taking the boat out..."

"Oh yes!" Delia exclaimed, "yeah I'm joining you. At what time should I be where?" 

Damian chuckled, "Glad to see that you still want to join. How about at the harbor at 9?"

"I'll be there, see you tomorrow!" Delia said opening the door and leaving. 

"See you tomorrow!" She heard behind her. 

As she walked into the parking lot however she noticed something strange. To her right, on the seaside she noticed a man standing there, staring at the sea. She couldn't quite make out what he looked like, but it was strange. 

Her phone buzzed and she looked away from the man. Then when she turned her head back she noticed that he was gone.