𝟮𝟱.𝟱

BONUSHE'S YOUR WHAT?

BONUS
HE'S YOUR WHAT?

DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT?

A single decision may lead to multiple paths as these routes could define a person's future for the better or for the worst. Oikawa Tooru would've passed by the convenience store and dragged his little nephew's body straight home. However, his choice of getting ice cream with Takeru instead of watching Volleyball matches in his bedroom brought him to another route of endless possibilities.

After seeing your mother walked inside the convenience store, Oikawa swiftly shoved his phone in his pocket and tried to hide in plain sight at one of the store's aisles. Takeru watched the scene unfold in front of him with puzzlement written on his miniature face. They didn't really play hide and seek out in the open like that.

Sadly, Oikawa's camouflage among the stacks of assorted Lays Chips got revealed when Y/N's mother passed by and caught a fluff of brown curls on the corner of her eye.

"I don't want to be an inconvenience, ma'am." The setter timidly chuckled as he rubbed the back of his neck. His left hand was occupied with a paper bag full of chips and drinks while his right securely held his nephew's. Maybe he should apologize to the kid later for his slightly sweaty palm.

The gleaming sun's yellow pigments had gradually transitioned into red-orange gradients of rays as the blue shades of the sky were washed down with purple hues and cotton candy clouds. On the streets of the peaceful community, a middle-aged lady, who had features similar to the young taekwondo athlete, was walking beside the two. She shook her head, "Don't think such thoughts, Oikawa-san! Our family will be glad to accommodate you and this cutie pie," the adult out of the three cooed out.

"Is he a cousin of yours, by the way?"

"No, ma'am. He's my nephew."

"Well, you do look alike," her eyes shifted between the little one and the charming fellow, "It's a reunion of my family's side. Don't worry. We don't bite. I just thought it would be nice for the gang to meet my daughter's 'friend' after all! And please call me, Mrs. L/N. Calling me 'ma'am' is too formal!" The lady reassured the male with a wave of her hand as she noticed his rather tense form.

Her attention then drifted over to the familiar structure of her home. The expression on her face sculpted into excitement as she gestured her head over to the gate of her household, "No need to be shy now! Feel at home, kids." She hummed.

Takeru felt Oikawa's grip tightened around his hand. It made the child's concerns grow for his uncle as it wasn't a common scenario for the brunette to have his sweat glands act up or have him in this nervous mess. "It's a family reunion, Uncle Tooru. Besides, you're only going to introduce yourself as Auntie Y/N's friend," Takeru whispered as the volume of his voice was enough for the taller male to hear.