Units of flesh

After Alex left, Spencer decided to go have a look for herself and drove to the storage unit, creeping by Ezra's door as she left the building. As her twin said, it wasn't weird for her to be there due to their resemblance, but she would need an excuse to be there "twice" in a day. Thankfully no one questioned it and she walked to her unit. She looked down the halls for anyone, then took the keys out of her jacket. She opened the lock and placed it on the floor. Spencer looked around again before lifting up the door. A terrible aroma seeped out of the unit, but it didn't faze the brunette. She walked inside and closed the door a bit, enough to not lock herself in.

     The motion sensor lights kicked in and a single bulb on the ceiling illuminated. The light bounced off the top of two barrels in the unit and shined Spencer's glasses. She took them off as to not blind herself; they had no prescription anyways, just for show. She paused for a moment, listening for footsteps in the hall, but it was silent. She stepped up to the barrels and pulled a tool from her jacket pocket. Jabbing it until the lid of one barrel, she wiggled the top free then threw it off, letting it crash to the concrete floor; there was no one else around anyways right?

     The smell grew stronger and even though she didn't smell as much as you or I might, her eyes started to sting. It was probably more the chemicals inside the barrel than the smell. Squeezing her eyes for a moment then opening them, she peered into the barrel. The mixture was starting to harden into the wax she was creating. She quickly grabbed the lid and slammed it back on, putting some force into making sure it stayed on. The second barrel was opened like the first, and the same smell burst into the air, maybe even stronger than the first if that was even possible. Spencer looked into the barrel and pulled her head back just as quick. This part of the wax making process she got used to. The chemicals hadn't yet dissolved all of the flesh into the mixture alike the other barrel, leaving a very displeasing sight in the metal can.

   The brunette placed the barrel lid back on, but before she could slam it down, there were footsteps in the hall. She stayed quiet for a moment, hoping it was some stranger passing her unit to get to their own farther down the hall. A pair of feet appeared until the door and stopped. "Oh...god." Someone said with a voice that sounded like they plugged their nose from an awful smell. "Spencer?" The brunette stared at the feet owned by this person whose voice she recognized. She thought she had walked past his apartment quiet enough but it seems she was followed.

     Suddenly, two hands grabbed onto the bottom of the door. Spencer started to plan her excuses and escape in second. The metal door lifted up and the brunette stared into Ezra's eyes. He walked into the unit and looked between the two barrels. He was only a few feet from Spencer and looked her hand on the barrel lid. "Open it." He said quietly but firm. Spencer kept her expressionless face but clenched her jaw. She took the lid off and stood back. Ezra stepped forward and looked down into the barrel. "What the fuck is this?" He said with a disgusted look. He then felt metal hit his head as he collapsed into the barrel. Spencer dropped the lid and grabbed his arm, forcing his fleshy hand into the metal can's contents. The chemicals didn't burn immediately but Ezra flung his arm back, connecting his elbow with Spencer's jaw. His head hurt but his was still stronger than the brunette.

     He pushed her away against the wall and backed up. He ran out of the unit and quickly slammed the metal door down as Spencer ran towards it. He heard banging as he tried to hold it down. Ezra looked over at the lock thrown on the ground and let go of the door momentarily to snatch it off the floor and lock it on. The banging stopped, there was no use in her screaming when he was the only one there. Ezra backed up against the unit door across the hall and caught his breath. His hand started to tingle and he looked at it. He wasn't sure what chemicals were on his skin and what it would possible do to him. He hastily wiped his hand on his jeans and pulled his phone out of his pocket. Ezra didn't know whether Spencer had a connection to the cops and could find a way to get herself out of this, so he opted not to call them. He found Aria's contact at the top of his list and pressed it.

    Fuck fuck FUCK. Spencer thought to herself. She heard mumbling outside of the unit and assumed Ezra was already on call with the cops. Tanner would show up at anytime now. She collected her thoughts and quickly remembered she had her own phone on her. She dialed Alex but got no response. She tried calling Aria with some on the spot excuse, not answer either. She even called Melissa who was over seas just for some advice, no one answered. Spencer fell back into the wall and slid down it. "You did this..." She started speaking to the barrel, or at least, who's flesh was inside of it. "This is your fault...not mine." The mumbling outside stopped and footsteps started back and forth in front of the door.

     "You killed dad...you blamed me for it....you did this to yourself." Even though she was now dissolving into wax in some stinking barrel, Spencer's mother still had power over her.

     Oof, that was dark. Hope you liked that! You think Ezra's hand will be okay? Eh he should be fine. Spencer though? Hmm....we'll see. Oh yeah and Veronica's in a barrel...cute. Okay bye!