Chapter 25 - Then we're in this plan too

"Wow, you really screwed up this time." 

"I know, I know."
"You made her so mad at you."
"I know, okay?"
"And you even kissed--"
"Stop! Don't bring that up again!"
"Will you two ever be quiet?!" 

Bibi, Sandy and Surge were on their way to Max's room to discuss the situation, and Surge couldn't resist teasing Sandy about his earlier blunder. 

When they got there, Surge pulled out a key from his pocket.
"How come you have her room key?" Bibi asked with suspicion.
"She's my best friend, I have the right to have her key" He answered.
"Is that so~" Sandy mocked, getting back at him.
"Yeah, sure." Surge said with sarcasm. 

They entered the room, which was neat and tidy as expected.
"Bea is not here, she must be helping Rosa with something" Surge whispered.
"Does that girl ever take a break?" Bibi wondered, but the other two brawlers just shrugged. "Max is not going to spill the beans easily, we might have to force her a bit" Surge explained. 

Bibi and Sandy nodded and listened to his plan. 

Max was walking happily in the hallway, holding an energy drink in her hand as usual. As soon as she stepped into her room, she was grabbed from behind, dropping the can on the floor. "Surge?! What are you-"
"Hush! Don't make a sound!" Sandy covered her mouth with his hand.
"We need to ask you something." Bibi said, popping her bubblegum.
"What's going on?" Max whispered loudly.
"We overheard your conversation with Colette" Bibi said, chewing her bubblegum.
Max's eyes widened.
"Hehe.. I can explain.." She said nervously.
"Then explain."
"Surge? Remember when I was upset about Leon's reply that one time?" Max said looking up, meeting Surge's eyes, who raised an eyebrow.
"Well, I think I figured out why, and I got curious, and I also think they would be a cute couple, don't you think?" 

There was a brief silence. 

Her idea actually didn't sound bad at all, what could go wrong? They were just helping their friend, right?

"You have a point.." Sandy said.
"So Leon actually has a crush on Jessie?" Surge asked, letting go of Max.
"We don't know for sure.. yet." Bibi said.
"It's actually pretty obvious, just watch them for a day" Max added. 

A sudden knock on the door interrupted them. 

"I'll get it" Max said walking towards the door.
"Oh, hey Amber-"
"DON'T HEY ME! YOU WOKE US UP!" Amber was furious.
"What do you mean by 'us'-"
"Amber dear, it's nothing, let's go back to bed" a tired voice said from behind Amber's back.
"But-"
"Come here, I'm still sleepy" the shorter boy hugged Amber from behind.
"Fine, Lou.." Amber sighed.
"If you make any more noise, you'll be fried chicken" Amber warned, before leaving. 

"See? They're like Jessie and Leon, one is more gentle while the other one is more protective" Max concluded.
"I guess you're right, but then we're in this plan too."
"Really?!"
"Yes" Everyone said together.
"I can't wait to see Colette's face when I tell her, give me a second, I'll call her right now"

Max quickly called Colette's phone number.
"YOU'RE SERIOUS? YAY! I WANT ALL OF YOU IN MY ROOM TOMORROW FOR A MEETING." The white-haired girl exclaimed and hung up.

She then immediately told Edgar to gather all the folders and photos she needed for the next day.

Edgar started panicking.
The last time he touched Colette's stuff, it didn't go well.
It didn't go well at all...

He hoped he could find everything without messing up.

Hi there!
Finally the team is complete! The next chapter will contain Edgar's backstory, so stay tuned for the next chapter!
Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this chapter!