CHAPTER 7 : Against Yourself

After class ends. I snuck out to avoid the noisy men and compared the amount of chocolate they each had.

On the way, I passed class B which turned out to be just as noisy as my class. But I think they're arguing about different things. I stopped at the wall and pretended to be playing on my phone to avoid getting too much attention.

I heard that in class B especially the girls are fussing about Ichinose not attending school. Hhmmm i see, looks like the problem is getting worse, I have to do something fast.

When I was about to leave, from the classroom door, one of the B class students I knew, Kanzaki came out of the classroom and noticed my presence.

"Ayanokouji huh. do you need something?"

"no, nothing"

"so"

Kanzaki didn't care if I was lying or not. He turned around and smiled slightly at me.

"Sorry, our class is quite noisy today"

"It happens in all classes. After all, the wishes of all normal students are more or less is same"

"I guess, my class is a little different"

"What makes it different?"

I asked Kanzaki even though I already knew the answer.

"It's about Ichinose, after all she is our leader. Her downfall will lower the class morale"

"Is Ichinose's condition that bad?"

Kanzaki didn't answer and just stared straight at me. I felt too presumptuous because I wanted to know the state of the other classes.

"ah, sorry. you don't have to answer it"

"No, I guess it's fine. You can be trusted"

Being trusted by Kanzaki made me feel 'a little' guilty.

Rather than being called trusting me, it might be more appropriate for Kanzaki to think that I'm not a dangerous threat to Class B. even though he knows that I'm quite close to Horikita.

"Ichinose didn't go to school huh?"

"Yes, that is so"

"Did she tell you?" "

"She said she was sick and we, especially the girls, wanted to see her. But she refused"

"Do you think she's really sick or is she worse than that?"

"I don't know but I think this has something to do with the rumors attacking her"

Kanzaki started to mention the issue of rumors.

"Do Kanzaki and the other class B students believe this rumor?"

"Almost all the students in our class refuse to believe the rumors and still support Ichinose but I personally don't care"

Kanzaki started to raise his voice

"Whether it's true or a lie the only thing I'm thinking about right now is the fate of this class in the future"

"Yes, I understand the situation"

"How about you Ayanokouji?"

"huh, what?"

"What are you going to do? Ichinose seems to trust you quite a bit. Can you get her back?"

Kanzaki made a difficult question. I can't honestly say that I'm trying to save Ichinose.

"Never mind, I'll think about it later."

"I'll be waiting for your help, Ayanokouji"

"Do not expect too much"