3. Unexpected opening

Better an oops than a what if.
_

I shift to Airi's seat as Song Kang leaves.

She makes a place for me.

"Don't tell me I was the only one who thought something was wrong or did you get the vibe too?" I blabber as soon as I settle down.

Airi blinks twice. "About Kang?"

I stiffly nod, "Yeah."

She rests her chin under her palms. Tries looking at the blackboard. "I thought so too."

I sit upright. "Thought?" She hums, "This ain't the first time he got called by his dad." I am invested. I don't know why.

"There's a rumour around but I'm not sure, but I heard his father is very dangerous." She brings her lips closer to my ears, "As in he's a mafia boss."

My eyes widen. "For real?"

She gets away and turns the page of her notebook. Gives me a look. "I don't know, but they've seen and heard few stories. Not really sure."

"I see." I am biting my nails. Don't know why he was sending me signals, if he was even in the first place. But it did seem concerning to me. Uh, I don't know.

"Why, what's up?" Airi questions and I don't say anything. "Nothing, was curious." She jots notes down until I remember I am supposed to do too.

I grab my pencil, "Ah where should I start?"

She's laughing, "Here."

+++

Okay, let me tell you I didn't plan on staying back at all. I was supposed to leave on time but that one look from him held me back.

Kang isn't back yet.

School has finished and it's almost sunset time. His bag and the rest of his belongings are still here. I am having thoughts, negative thoughts. Not really good now is it?

I wanna go but again I have waited this long, waiting more wouldn't hurt, that's why I have been saying that to myself since that time and stayed, now almost dozing off.

Until the sun has set and it's gotten very very dark. The lights are dim. Dead silence. It was getting scary. I waste no time. It was too foolish of me to stay behind. It was barely a day I met him and why did I have to show so much concern? And at what cost?

I am already hanging my bag off my shoulders when there's a flick voice. My feet stop. There's a little screech. I halt. There's something suspicious. My heart is speeding up.

I tip-toe and get closer to the door. Slide it slowly open and suddenly stumble back when I see a man getting ready to get in. He's in a mask. Yes very suspicious. Covered from head to toe and with a sharp knife in his hands.

Shit.

His eyes widen and his hands get to work. He whips the knife and I've pulled back. My tie cut off. Holy crap. It was sharp.

It doesn't stop there. He steps forward and I am walking backwards at a speed. Hit a wall. He runs and I've gotten on the benches. Jumping on them, screaming and trying to run out of the class's window to the corridor.

The killer rigorously sways the knife in the air trying to kill me. But I managed to get out. When a hope lifts that I will be saved I hear faint footsteps coming closer.

There were more men. Oh, what have I done?

I immediately enter one of the nearest classrooms and crawl down the benches to hide, as a group of men come where I was before. Discussing God knows what. There is an argument and it's so hard to listen.

Sweat covered my body and my heart was not going to calm down any time soon. Biting my lips to death, traumatised, I shut my eyes wishing nothing like this had happened and I would open my eyes in my new bedroom sheets.

But no, I was still hiding under the benches.

What did I do? Why was I being attacked? Were they going to kill me? Or did they misunderstand me with someone else? Or I was being filmed? Or it was a prank?

Slowly crawling to the front I lie down completely on my stomach to peep out carefully to find any cameras or anything such thing in case, but it is empty.

"SHE'S IN THAT CLASS!" Someone found me. I hit my head on the way escaping the benches. It is spinning and it's not a nice thing. I can't think straight. I don't know if anything happening is even real or a dream.

Honestly, it isn't, it's real and the gangsters are here and I am barely holding up. Try escaping the window and get out successfully. Not sure if this would work again. Maybe I am going to die soon.

I see stairs. I want to go. Run as fast as I can. I am so breathless. My legs are giving up. I think I am going to faint. This is too much to take. I get to the stairs and to my misfortune I miss a godamn stair, ready to hit my head down until I am immediately held in time.

I hit myself into a very firm chest. Oh, it's so warm. I think I am dreaming. "Hana?" I think I hear Kang's voice. I look up and everything is blurry. I can almost see his face. "Huh?"

His face is looking up and back at me.

I smile, "At least it was worth the wait." I mumble and he frowns. "Did you wait for me?" He asks and I am dizzy. I don't know what to answer. There's a big thud. I hear Kang telling me to stay put and he'll take care of everything.

I don't have the energy to put anything into sense so I nod either way. Get seated down. My consciousness slowly came back to me. My lips have run dry. I had a panic attack. I think I need water.

There's so much noise. My head hurts. My vision gets clearer and I see Kang fighting off those gangsters. Kang is fighting them. I am saved. He is in danger though. My legs wiggle and I get up.

A loud bang suddenly startled me and getting scared as I blinked up to see what was happening, I saw one of the men gushing towards me with a weapon in his hands but within a few seconds, he was in the air.

Kang has got him in his grip. I am stunned. How strong was he? The man is struggling. "LET GO OF ME KANG!"

My face drops. They know his name. Are they acquaintances?

He is angry. Kang is. "DARE YOU DO THIS BEHIND MY BACK!" And he's thrown him down the stairs. He's hit the ground and blood is oozing out.

I am panicking. There's blood.

Another man appears to kill me. Heading straight for me. Kang is busy fighting others. It just takes a few seconds. My shoulder is gripped by this man's fist. My back hits the wall. It leads to a sound.

I have Kang's focus but it's too late. My shoulders gripped tight to make me remain in place. A knife pierces right through my stomach and it stings hard.

My skin turns chilly. My hands dropped. Consciousness again exits my brain. My legs give up. I am falling head-on. A blurry Kang followed down the stairs and my eyes shut off to darkness.

<♡>

Edited xoxo

~AMXNX~