Forgotten

Ariana's pov

I was greeted with a familiar ceiling as I slowly lift my heavy eyes-lids. Habitually, my hand moved beside me without looking.

Hm? I was startled when my hand touched the cold bed sheets instead of the usual warm temperature. I stiffly turned my head to the side but there was no one beside me.

"Athy?"

I sat up on the bed, looking around the room. Lily, who always stays beside, isn't in my sight either.

'Did Athy already wake up? Did she go to see Daddy?'

I thought, slowly getting down from the bed.

_Thub!

My legs helplessly fell on the cold floor as the pain, which I've forgotten for a moment, returned.

This is what I got from forcely using magic.

I try to stand up with my wobbled legs, leaning against the furnitures, enduring the pain. I start heading toward where Athy would. Momentarily, I was delighted over the fact that Claude's room is near mine currently.

".....Dad?"

I stopped moving, hearing Athy's trembling voice from inside the room.

"Do you have a death wish? How dare you call me like that?"

A voice as cold as ice, rang inside my eardums, making a chill ran down my spine.

"Right, those eyes are like Impeial family."

At that moment, I was relutant to step inside the room. I quietly listened to the familiar yet, sound unfamiliar voice continues.....

"If I dig those eyes out, you wouldn't be able to say something fearless again."

Even though, I briefly understand the situation. For some reason, I refuse to accept the reality. Even I don't why I'm like this.

"Cough!...cough!"

I came back to my sense after hearing dry coughes along with yelling voices.

"I'll call the medic!"

Lily, who ran hurrily out of the room, almost faint when she suddenly found me, standing in front of the door.

"P-Princess!"

I gestured her to continue what she's doing a while ago, while stealing a glance inside the room. Lily quickly ran again after hesitantly looking back at me for a moment.

"Athy!"

I ran inside the room to catch Athy, who seems to have passed out. I wonder how did my weak legs able to run in that precise moment. But I didn't pay much mind to that.

I stared at Athy's pale face,drained with color. Feeling guilty, I hugged her tightly, not wanting to let go.

'I'm sorry for not being able to prevent all of this.'

That was a quiet whisper, which no one in the room expect me, heard.

....................

Surprisedly or not, Daddy lost his memories. He lets us live under the conditions of not going outside the emerald palace, just like the story.

I feel like like everything is moving toward the story plot again, though the time line is already different.

But I won't let it flow like the story. That doesn't mean I'll competely change the story either.

I just don't want for Athy to get hurt like the story. Is that a selfish wish?

My gaze turned toward the bed from the starless sky with no light. It feel a little stuffy to look at the sky like that.

There is a sleeping beauty, who is breathtakingly beautiful, laying on the bed. Athy hasn't awaken once since she fainted in front of Daddy.

Everyone is worried because of that. Well, expect from Daddy and me? I guess.

I stretch my hand toward Athy and play with the blonde hair, that is the same as mine.

_whoosh!......

A white energy pours out from my hands, enters Athy's body. And the black energy also came out as always along with the pain. I slowly retreated my hand after finishing.

"Sweet dream, Athy."

There is only silence ringing in the room, as if nothing has happened.

................

I flipped the paper gently, rereading the content of the book. The corner of my lips grows upward and a smile appeared on my face, reminding the old memories.

[Date: XXXXXX.
Today, Ari met with Papa for the first time. I met him while hiding pretties with Athy and wardering here and there. Papa is very pretty with sparkling hair like gold....................etc.]

This is the diary, I've written since I was young. Rather than a diary, it's more like my fangirling records for the past years. Since, it's mostly about Claude and Athy.

[Date: XXXXXX.
I have tea with Papa today. And I was very happy because Papa said we became more cute as the day passes. (He actually said chubbier.) I also made a flower crown for him together with Athy.............................etc.]

I wrote it in a childish way because I wss afraid of someone finding out. But reading at back, it looks funny.

_Slam!

My thoughts came to an end as I heard noises from outside.

"What is going on?"

Getting out of the room, I asked, feigning innocent even though I already know.

"As per his majesty's order, we've come to force the two princesses out right this instant!"

"What? You can't lay a hand on the Princesses!"

The maids standed firmly in front of me, blocking the guards. Lily was in front of them.

'I'm a little touch but I can't be selfish.'

"I'll go."

I walked to the guards, gesturing the maids to back down.

"B-but princess......"

I comfront Lily, who is holding me tightly. I hugged and stroke her back, like she always did to me and Athy.

"I'll be fine, Lily."

I finally walked toward the guards and faced them.

"My sister is still unwell. So I'll go alone."

"Princess Ariana De Alger Obelia is entering."

.......................

Thank you all for reading this story.

If you like this chapter, I'd be grateful to receive a vote.

And feel free to give me your opnions.

Then, Let's meet again at the next chapter 'Unwanted Feeling'.