Secret Meeting

Later that night, under the starry sky, Sid wandered off to find food for himself. Silver had hunted some dodos meat for herself now.

"Now to find a meal befitting a conquering hero," Sid improvised. He lets go of the branch but hits him to the ground but he gets up. "What ho? A foe? Come on, come on. You want a piece of me?" Sid uses karate sounds and hits the tree but finds an acorn. Silver looked back as she held her stuff. "Spoils worthy of such a noble-"

Sid was about to eat it but as the acorn was about land, something came flying into Sid and grabbed the acorn. It was a sabertooth squirrel! After a brief struggle, the squirrel took the acorn out of Sid's mouth and started scurrying away, but not before shaking his fist at Sid for nearly taking away his booty. Silver placed her stuff down and yawned. It was a long day traveling.

"Bedtime, squirt." Manny tucked Roshan in his trunk and settled himself in as he did, he looked at Diego, who was asleep and then he noticed Sid returning. "Oh, the triumphant return."

"Huh? Oh, that," Sid said, laughing nervously. "I'm so full. How about a good night kiss for your big buddy Sid..."

"Shh! He's asleep," the mammoth whispered.

"I was talking to you," he said. "Fine, I'll tuck myself in."

Silver motion Sid to come sleep with her.

"What me?"

Silver nodded her head yes. She does need warmth.

Why didn't you say so?"

Silver laid down on her side as Sid climbed onto her. He finds a comfortable spot on Silver and begins to suck his thumb. Silver herself is quite warm around him.

Everyone started sleeping to pass the night. As for Manfred, he looked at Diego one last time and slowly closed his eyes, ready for the night. But with everyone dozing, Diego quietly opened his eyes. With the moonlight in his eyes, he quietly approached Manfred. He looked at the mammoth and then Silver. Both of them weren't awake. He smirked, proud to have fooled them into accepting him into the group before turning to the baby.

Lifting his paw, he attempted to take the baby out of Manfred's trunk, but a noise stopped him from doing so. To his relief, it was only Sid snoring. Diego extended his paw again, but this time, Manfred moved his trunk, holding the baby tighter.

Frustrated, Diego looked at Manfred before hearing a noise up on a nearby hill. He quietly approached the hill and saw a dead bush rustling. Crouching down, like he was hunting, he leaped into the air and tackled his watcher. But as he prepared to attack, he saw that it was one of his sabertooth mates.

"What the...?"

"Go ahead. Slice me," the skinny sabertooth said. "It'll be the last thing you ever do."

"I'm working' here, you waste of fur." Diego glared as soon as another tiger appeared.

"Frustrated, Diego?" Oscar asked him. "Tracking down helpless infants too difficult to you?"

"What are you two doing here?" Diego asked them.

"Soto's getting tired of waiting."

"Yeah, Yeah," Zeke nodded. "He said, "Come back with the baby, OR DON'T COME BACK AT ALL!" HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"Well, I have a message for Soto," Diego informed. "Tell him, I'm bringing the baby. And tell him I'm bringing... a mammoth."

'A mammoth?" Zeke gasped.

"Mammoths never travel alone," Oscar replied.

"Well this one does," Diego said. "And I'm leading him to Half Peak."