Chapter 55

4 MONTHS LATER

Yemi drives up to Sam's second gym, which is a tad bit smaller than the main one. It's in a lot shared with other businesses and the parking spots are full.

Someone pulls out of a parking spot right in front of the gym and Yemi swerves in. She hops out and then walks inside of the building with a smile on her face. The front desk associate is wearing a name badge with 'Terry' written on it. Terry licks his lips at Yemi, and Yemi's smile immediately fades away.

"Hi. Can you please let Sam know that Yemi is here for him? I tried his cell, but he didn't pick up."

Terry chuckles to himself. "Well, pretty girl, it sounds like he doesn't wanna deal with you. But let me see what I can do."

Yemi furrows her eyebrows in shock at his boldness before Terry calls Sam's office from the desk phone. The phone rings several times before Terry hangs up.

"He didn't pick up. But I think he has someone back there with him. So you can either come back later or chill right here with me." Terry winks with a huge grin on his face.

"I'm just gonna go to his office." Yemi starts to walk around the desk, but Terry blocks her.

"Whoa. You can't be roaming around here unless you're a member."

Yemi opens her mouth to speak, but Terry puts his hand over her mouth. She smacks it away. "Are you crazy? Don't put your hand over my mouth. I don't know where your hands been."

"They can be on you, if you want. I got these magical hands, baby."

"You need to stop, right now. Sam is my-"

"Before you say it, you need to get out of your head that you have a chance with Sam. Do you know how many women come up here trying to talk to him? I don't know why y'all females be stalking someone who don't like talking to people."

Yemi laughs.

"I will say you are one of the prettiest ones, though. And that ass... man, that ass is amazing." He rubs his hands together while checking out her figure.

"Does Sam let you talk to his guests like this?"

"What Sam doesn't know won't hurt him." He licks his lips while still rubbing his hands together as if there's a feast in front of him.

"I'm just gonna leave. Do you have paper? I'll just write a message for you to give him."

Terry drops his shoulders in disappointment. "You don't know what you're missing out on."

"Paper please," she diverts.

Terry shakes his head as he walks back behind the desk. He looks around but doesn't see any paper. "I gotta get some from the supply room. I'll be back. But stay here. I'm not trying to get fired."

Yemi rolls her eyes as Terry walks towards the hallway.

*

Meanwhile, Sam is having a meeting in his office with an older gentleman across from his desk. The man has a huge birthmark on his face that could easily distract anyone.

"I appreciate you working on this for me. If you're able to get to the root of everything, I'm sure that would help her get some closure," Sam tells him.

"No problem. I'm glad I could assist you with this."

The guy stands up and shakes Sam's hand before turning to leave. Sam follows him to the door.

When his guest opens the door, Sam looks out and sees the receptionist throwing his arm around Yemi while she writes on a piece of paper. Sam stops in his tracks, frowning at his view, as his guest continues to exit the building. Yemi hits Terry's hand and Terry laughs as he takes his arm off her. Neither one of them notice Sam coming their way.