06.

2nd November, 2001

"no one knows me like you do, not even I."

Daisy hadn't gone home since she arrived at the Cullen's. When Jasper had asked her why she didn't want to go home, she simply told him "I am home." He knew her relationship with her mother was strained, but he was surprised the woman hadn't tried to contact Daisy over the past three days.

The couple were sitting in bed, both propped against the headboard, each with a book in their lap while they silently enjoy each other's company. She was scrawling in the margins, like usual, leaving little poems and notes he would find when she was gone. She was surprisingly comfortable with the thought of dying now, she had over a year to come to terms with it, but she wasn't prepared to leave Jasper yet. She needed to remind him how much she loved him, even when she was gone.

Jasper was staring blankly at the pages in front of him, not comprehending a word he was reading. All his thoughts were with the girl next to him. He still couldn't quite believe they had such little time together left.

He could see the changes in her now, her rapid decline was hard to ignore. Her cheeks were sunken, accentuated by the dark and deep circles under her eyes, and her usually silky hair had begun to lose its shine. He could feel her exhaustion, no matter how hard she tried to hide it, and he could see the resignation on her face when she thought he wasn't looking.

He quietly closed his book and laced it on the bedside table before turning to his girlfriend and curling u to her. He placed his head on her chest, listening to her heartbeat gave him some comfort, and slung an arm across her stomach. She immediately put her novel aside and brushing her fingers through his hair.

"What's wrong, handsome?" She asked him softly.

"Please don't leave me," he choked out, venom stinging his eyes as his body tried desperately to cry. Daisy scooted down the bed and pulled is face into the crook of her neck. She wrapped both arms around him tightly and quietly soothed him, shedding her own tears with him.

She couldn't promise him anything, they both knew that nothing was going to stop this.

21st November, 2001

21st November, 2001.

"how do you mourn a love that will ever really leave?
like a wound, faded to a scar that still aches on rainy days."

On one of Daisy's good days, day where she would make it down the stairs without nearly fainting. Jasper insisted on taking her out somewhere. No matter how much she questioned him, he refused to give up their destination, insisting it was a surprise.

He had stolen Emmett's Jeep, so she didn't have to do too much walking, and strapped her in and handed her a blindfold.

"Listen, if you wanted to spice it up in the bedroom, all you had to do was ask..." she teased, grinning and taking it from him.

He playful glared in response, lightly growling at his love. He flashed to the other side of the car, starting up the vehicle while she not-so deftly tied the cloth around her eyes and through her hair.

"My safe word is 'butternut', by the way," she added.

"Oh, I'm well aware," he drawled, his Southern accent intentionally thick, because he knew how weak it made her.

The drive was short, through the forest on an old track that hadn't been used for a few years. He was careful not to make the trip too rough for Daisy, because he didn't want to upset her stomach or her sense of balance. Thankfully, she seemed to be enjoying the drive, if her laughs and joyous aura were anything to go by.

Jasper came to a careful stop at their destination and then used his supernatural speed to pull his girlfriend out of the car and into is arms. She screamed in fright at the sudden movement, unable to see anything.

"You could have warned me!" she exclaimed when he laughed loudly at her.

"Relax, sweetheart," he gently placed her feet on the ground and wound an arm securely around her waist. "I've got you."

Her cheeks flushed red, flustered. No matter how long they spent together, no matter how many times he showered her with compliments and affection, he always managed to make her nervous. And Jasper relished in it.

"Okay, I'm going to take your blindfold off now," he told her, his free hand loosening it and pulling it down to her neck.

Daisy's eyes took a moment to adjust to the sudden light, but then she gasped at the sight before her. It was a large, open field, surrounded by dense forest. In the center of the field was a roaring bonfire with a few large logs set around it for seating and a sizeable tent. The tent was taller than Jasper, so she had no doubt that they could stand inside of it comfortably.

"I thought we could use the getaway, even if it is just for a day or two," he explained when she didn't make a sound. He wanted to treat her to a holiday, but he knew she shouldn't be far from the hospital or her mother at this point. God, he wished that he could just carry her away from her suffering and shield her from the world.

Build a little cottage, deep in the woods like she wanted. She could follow her dreams of writing poetry and he could spend his days writing more accurate history books under a pseudonym, with the help of other immortals. He'd pick her flowers every morning and sing her those cheesy country songs she was too embarrassed to admit to liking. Their home would smell like freshly baked bread, wildflowers and her

And when the time came, when she wanted him to, he'd turn her. They'd live out their forever together, just like it should be.

"Oh, thank you," she cried, flinging herself into his arms. He engulfed her in a tender hug, pressing his nose to the top of her head to inhale her scent of lavender and peonies. "You didn't need to go to so much trouble."

"Well, I had help, of course. Emmett couldn't turn down the opportunity to set something on fire, and you know Alice wouldn't miss the chance to plan anything." She giggled at that. "So, you'll find some of Esme's cooking in the tent, as well as everything you need to make smores. Rose packed you a bag of clothes for a few days, so we don't need to go anywhere."

"A few days, alone, you say?" She stepped back from him with a suggestive smirk on her lips. He raised a brow at her, sensing her shift in emotions.

"C'mon, cowboy. Let me show you how much I appreciate you," she took his hand and began dragging him towards their tent. 

a/n: ok so i'm a liar

a/n: ok so i'm a liar. i have a few more chapters in me than i thought. so, let's say, another 3 at least. so much for a short story lol.