Chapter 02

2005

Ping!

After taking a nice hot bath and dressing in some light night clothes, Miho sipped on some strawberry milk. Seeing that she had received an email, she opened it.

It was a video file. Connecting her headphones to her nc6120 and putting them on her ears to not disturb her friend who was wearing her gold medal even in her sleep, she pressed play.

The video took a few seconds to load. Soon loud cheers boomed in her ears as a scene that appeared to be in a park filled the laptop's monitor.

After she was finished watching the video, Miho went to her Toman files, clicking on a certain teen boy. A cold smile graced her face, "it seems like you were having a fun time and decided to make a profit while my eyes were elsewhere, Masataka Kiyomizu."

The green eyed girl commenced to type, but then she paused, thinking back to the blond boy who had been subjugated to fight, the one who had suddenly looked completely confused as to what was going on in a manner of seconds.

The reason as why this video had secretly been taken had been because of this same boy. The one who had secretly recorded this video had apparently thought it was hilarious how he had looked so lost and had even pulled out his cellphone with him being knocked out not long after.

Well this was according to one of her sources who had pried the video from the boy who had taken the video and had won a lot of extra cash from the bets.

If it hadn't been because of him, this might had slipped her eyes. She needed to work on improving and expanding her range.

'But as to why this video was taken, his actions really were strange .... and have I seen him somewhere before?' Miho thought but then she shook her head, deciding to get back to work.

.
.
.

Retrieving her cellphone, she called the commander of the Tokyo Manji Gang. It only took a single ring for her call to be picked up.

Manjiro on the other line greeted, "hi Mi-chin! You finally called." Then he went on to asked in a pouting tone, "what took you so long though?"

"You know, avoiding those reporters." Laying in her bed, she answered. "Every time I win a gold medal in one of these tournaments, they always want to take pictures and bring up him." Her sea green eyes and voice softened at the mention of 'him'. Turning her head on the soft pillow, she continued, "but you know with the second part, I am a little happy that this world still remembers him." She gently touched the simple silver earring in her right ear.

As he recalled some fond memories, a small smile came to his face. "Well, what do you expect, Mi-chin? He was a pretty amazing guy. How could they forget him, especially with you following behind his mantle?"

Miho commented. "Mhmm. The same could be said about you, your brother and where you're planning to take Toman." Then she added. "Speaking of Toman."

Manjiro's tone changed. "What's the matter?"

"It seems like Matsutaka Kiyomizu of the third division has been running underground fights, using Toman's name to make profit. It's very likely that Haruki-kun doesn't know about these underground fights." She reported. "I will send you the details, right now."

Receiving and reviewing them, Manjiro said. "Ken-chin and I will go check it out tomorrow."

●●●

2017

Dressed in a kimono while holding a higasa (Japanese parasol) that complimented her attire in her hand, a woman with sea green eyes leisurely took a stroll down the sidewalk.