eleven

I wake up to the sound of my phone buzzing. I look to see Patrick was calling me.

My heart dropped to my ass. Patrick is really calling me. I look to see it was two in the morning.

I answer my phone and turn my lamp on. Paige is staying in Maci's room so I have the dorm to myself.

"Patrick? Is everything okay?" I ask sitting up. I could hear some sniffling in the background.

"I'm having a panic attack. I didn't know who else to call." I feel like I've recognized this voice.

But I can't put my finger on it. It's probably because I'm half asleep and imagining things.

"You're going to be okay. Breathe in and out with me." I made sure to breathe in and out loudly so he could hear.

I did this for almost ten minutes and I could hear him almost relax.

"You feeling better?" I ask him. "Yeah, thank you Light." I smiled to myself knowing I could make him feel a little better.

I made sure to stay up to talk him out of his funk. We talked about music, to movies, to having a deep conversation.

I could tell he was feeling better at the end of the call. I really enjoyed talking to him, even though it was late.

I didn't even care about my eight am class. I just wanted to make sure Patrick was okay.

That's how I knew I was in deep. I haven't met Patrick, or even seen his face, but I feel like I can trust him.

And I haven't trusted anyone like this in a long time.