seventeen

I get to meet Patrick today. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous.

I haven't seen any pictures of him and only heard his voice once.

But I have this deep feeling that I can trust him and he wouldn't hurt me.

He told me he would meet me at the party so I was going to dress cute.

I had on ripped skinny jeans, a black tank top with a red and black flannel over it.

I had on the beanie Patrick bought me so he could recognize me.

I also had on a winter coat since it's freezing. Paige comes over and picks me up so we can go to the party.

It was over at Gage's since his parents are at New York.

"I'm surprised you wanna go since it's at Gages." Paige spoke.

I shrug as I look at her. "Patrick is meeting me there so I wanna go."

Paige snapped her head towards me and started to swerve.

I quickly grabbed the wheel out of fear of her crashing the car. She straightened the car as she kept glancing at me.

"Patricks coming? The guy you've been texting for months?" She asked.

I knew I shouldn't have told her. But oh well. She was gonna figure it out soon.

"Yes, he flew out here late last night." I explain to her. I could tell she looked wary of the situation.

"Did you get a picture of him?" She asked me. We got the party so she parked the car.

There were already a lot of people here. We got out of the car but we continued our conversation.

"No, he told me what he was gonna be wearing though." I answer. I knew she was judging hard.

But I know she was only doing it because she doesn't wanna see me hurt.

"At least there's gonna be a shit ton of people here." When we walk in, the music was really loud.

There were also a lot of people here. Paige goes over and talks to some of her old basketball teammates.

I go into the kitchen to grab a drink. It was so crowded, I accidentally bumped into Gage.

"Light Montgomery. I did not expect to see you here." He smiled.

I just look at him as I grab my cup. "Well, hey to you too." I rolled my eyes as I look at him.

"Hey, Gage. How's life since you cheated?" I asked. He gives me a sadden look.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I changed?" I just shrug as I sip on my vodka.

"Until you prove it to me." I smirk towards him. I think it's fun messing with Gage.

Hell he deserves it. He looked like he was thinking about it.

"Come play beer pong with me. If we win, I get to prove it to you. If we lose, I don't get to." He suggested.

It sounded like a good idea. So I agreed. We went upstairs to where they were playing beer pong.

They had just finished a game so we quickly joined to play.

I honestly enjoyed playing with Gage, I almost forgot that we were playing for a reason.

As we were playing, Paige came over to me with a drink in her hand.

She tapped my shoulder as we played. "Light! I need to talk to you." She said in my ear.

I kept my eyes on the cups. "Give me a second." I tell her.

I throw the ping pong ball into the cup. Gage and I cheered and high fived each other.

I felt tapping on my shoulder again. I look over at Paige to see she was nervous.

"What's up?" I ask as she looks around. "That guy you like is here." My heart dropped as I looked at her.

"Patrick's here?" I ask in a rush. I had to make sure I looked good.

She shook her head towards me which caused me to look at her confused.

"No. The actor guy. Owen Joyner." I was even more confused. There's no way he could be here.

So I just started laughing. "Yeah, good joke." I laugh. I go back to the game to see they missed the cup.

I heard Paige groan and grab my hand. "What the fuck, Paige?" I heard Gage ask.

"She'll be back." She took me down the steps as I looked around.

And there he is. The man I've been obsessing about for months.

He's actually standing in front of me. But that made me think. Why is Owen Joyner at a random party in Washington?

He lives in Oklahoma so there's no reason for him to be here.

But then it hit me. He's wearing the same exact thing Patrick said he was going to wear.

Owen's middle name is Patrick. And his best friends name is Jeff, which is Charlie's middle name.

Right after I told 'Patrick' my Twitter username, Owen followed me.

"Light, are you okay?" Paige asked me. "Owen was Patrick all along." I tell her without any context.

I could tell she wasn't believing it. So I pulled out my phone to text him.

LIGHT
Please tell me that isn't you...

My hands were shaking. When I looked up at Owen, his phone had lit up. He read the message and instantly looked up.

He scanned the room and when he saw me, he stopped. That right there told me I needed to.

I've been lied to for the past three months.